MIDI playback support in XBMC
this is just to request if midi (.mid) files can be added to the next features of xbmc. i'm not really a developer but i think i think there is such a thing called general midi which is what the pc uses for reading midi files.

probably once the support to playback midi comes, you could also enhance it to provide the user to turn off/on the tracks/instrument on themidi track itself.

thanks. great work on xbmc though!!!!

xxx
midi support in xbmc?
some days ago i decided to bring my oldschool music (midi and sid files)on to my box.
as the .sid file format isn't supported by many players, i was very happily surprised that xbmc can handle this format. :thumbsup:
when i tried to listen to a .mid file it didn't do anything.:tear:
is there any possibility to listen to midi files with xbmcHuh
if not is somenbody able to make it possibleHuh
thanksalot in advance
(excuse my bad english)
don't hold your breath...

or you may ( :bomb: )
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....;t=1921
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
my buddy owns a bunch of midi files that he uses for karaoke, but he can't play them in the xbox. and his karaoke machine broke. could this feature be added easily?
is there anychance of getting midi files to play in xbmc?
Download X-cite_V0.3 - 13th June 2007
Download from Rapidshare
Or
Download from Megaupload
no, mplayer doesnt play midi files and so you cant play them in xbmc
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
http://midconverter.com/convert-midi-to-mp3.shtml
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
sure there is, somebody must add a codec to paplayer.

i suggest using timidity. have fun =)
timidity just converts them to wav. and takes alot of resources. there is not codec for paplayer or mplayer for midi since midi is a hardware thing anyway. thats why so much resource is required to convert them. a software midi program just requires too much cpu power or disk space.
u can easily mix midi on a 700mhz pc, no worries.

and u obviously won't output the .wav to disc, you'll send the generated pcm data to the soundcard.

that being said, there's probably some kind of directmusic support in the xdk that could be used if you insist on hw mixing.
i do think there is a xdk api to support midi playback, not sure if it will give all the functionablity that you guys would wont, and i can see it taking alot of coding since by default all music files are played through mplayer or paplayer. and all functions are then sent to the player.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MIDI playback support in XBMC0