Pi appears to lock up...
(2013-12-24, 02:58)MilhouseVH Wrote:
(2013-12-23, 23:40)jdeatsch Wrote: Ok, that works peachy, thanks of course. I'm getting deeper now and I love it. It's amazing what you find when you get into settings.

The Android device will not power the Pi on when the Pi is off. It will, however, power DOWN the Pi. Interesting. So, that must be some sort of 'wake on lan' option in the Pi?

Once the Pi is powered down it's dead to the world and must be power cycled (ie. remove then reinsert the power cable) in order for it to be restarted.

Long story short, don't power down the Pi unless you intend to remove/reinsert the power.

Excellent information Milhouse (any relation to slippery dick?).

Many thanks to you.
Now that I'm squared away things are rosy.

You folks are the nuts and the bee's knees.

Thank you so very much for your help. Now if I could only find out how to add thanks and to reputations.
(2013-12-26, 03:00)jdeatsch Wrote: Thank you so very much for your help. Now if I could only find out how to add thanks and to reputations.

There should be a +/- button at bottom of each message.
Alas, I find no such +/- button. I'm on Firefox on windoze 7.

I'd really like to thank the folks.
You need to have made 15 posts before the +/- buttons appear.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
THANK you Milhouse.

I wish to thank you and popcornmix for all your help.

Jim
I'm embarrassed that I cannot 'find' the +/- button(s) anywhere. Now with 16 whole posts I still cannot.

Surely someone else has had this issue.
Apparently the +/- button doesn't appear until 20 posts. Got it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pi appears to lock up...0