XBMC, iOS and make noise
I'm a little apprehensive in posting this, but I have to agree with Patrick.

He has been banned for something he didn't write?
He was defending him self against a lie that Martjn wrote about him.
Martijn was proved wrong and never apologised??
You removed all his posts, edited/censored his ability to speak and essentially defended someone who made up a falsehood about Patrick.

I know I'll be next now, but this really feels like a Nazi forum at the moment. if we disagree with anyone on staff and or even defend ourselfa if they make up false hoods... The user gets banned and edited and the rest of the group are fed censored material.

I saw the post from Patrick just now, I thought it was ok and good end to the saga. He wished you all a merry xmas. But you erased and left up all the ones that make him look not so good?

No wonder spiff got angry with the censored posts.

I assume I'll be next, but guys this looks really bad, really dissapoibting and a little over the top to be honest Sad
Derek you aren't calling anyone an idiot and a liar and you aren't constantly using the word "fuck." That makes it much less likely that you'll get a temporary ban. It's pretty simple. Don't violate 80% of our civil conduct rules, and you won't get a 24 hour timeout.

As far as the nazi comment, neat. I didn't realize nazis gave time outs for cursing and being mean to others. I guess nazis and kindergarten teachers have more in common than I thought!

Can we go back to talking about constructive iOS issues yet?
Platypus, I've literally already talked about that. Go back and re-read post #32. There's absolutely no opposition to a juiced up remote control with local playback abilities. It's just that there are also no devs who have expressed interest in working on it at the moment.

At a guess, you probably won't ever find a dev excited to work on it by fighting back and forth on a general discussion forum.
Quote:You also get what your pay for with apple: a walled garden that doesn't let you use your device as you see fit.

And you also get a great looking device that works really well and has access to a whole heap of great software and (to date) has little in the way of security concerns. For what many folk use it for, that benefit outweighs the non-free-ness. For others, the non-free-ness is way more important, particularly if you want to run XBMC (or any other software that must remain outside the wall) Smile

Merry Christmas all Smile
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2013-12-24, 17:29)DerekCuster Wrote: I saw the post from Patrick just now, I thought it was ok and good end to the saga. He wished you all a merry xmas. But you erased and left up all the ones that make him look not so good?

Really? I'm actually asking, as I do not have moderator access anyone on the forum and cannot look at modification or deletion logs. I was watching most of the thread as it happened and hadn't seen any other posts from Patrick.

I agree that Patrick needed a cool-off, even if I didn't fully disagree with what he said. Hell, I probably needed a cool off in this thread.
Patrick's ban will be lifted in less than 2 hours - he's most welcome to post again after that. By the looks from the moderator logs he's tried 3 times to work around the ban with different users. The first post is quoted in this thread by natethomas. The other two I can't see as GoodbyeSpammer was used which deletes the posts, so I can't judge the content of them as unfortunately the forum's deletion function doesn't leave history (at least none that's easily accessible) - this is something we'll look to fix, as IMO it's essential to have a record of deleted posts - transparency is important.

Have a great Christmas,

Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Aaah, after the ban. Gotcha. Yeah, ban evading is not so good to do, no matter if you are right or wrong.
Steering back on topic... honestly, I really don't think Apple cares about any petition, outcry, or whatnot concerning XBMC. Why would they relax the restrictions? They have their own (in their eyes) media center/TV offerings. Why would they open the door for something better (in my opinion) to compete with their products?

They are making money hand over fist with things as is, they have no motivation to change anything.

I say this typing from my MacBook Pro Retina, which I love dearly. I've been an "Apple Guy" professionally for most of my adult life, but my whole house runs on XBMC and the only "iOS" involved is the kid's iPod's as Remote Controls for their TVs.

If you want to watch your video on your iOS device, your best bet is Air Video HD and point it at your library.

2 cents, FWIW.
Interesting conversation, though I have to ask if XBMC developers would genuinely step away from the project if Apple allowed the software (a non-crippled version as the op is asking for) onto the App Store? A crippled version I could understand - and, in truth, the only way it would ever happen - but a full uncensored version? ReallyHuh

In truth though, even though I do run XBMC on my jailbroken iPad it's not a great experience because it' simply not designed with touch screen devices in mind, I'd like to join the crowd waiting for the project to support transcoding and a decent upnp client. I believe that will lead to a far better experience for users than having XBMC run natively.
I think unfledged that the point you are missing is that if XBMC got into the Apple Store it would have to be so compromised that the devs in question couldn't stand the compromise.

Apple will never allow an uncompromised XBMC into the store, simple as that.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Quote:In truth though, even though I do run XBMC on my jailbroken iPad it's not a great experience because it' simply not designed with touch screen devices in mind, I'd like to join the crowd waiting for the project to support transcoding and a decent upnp client. I believe that will lead to a far better experience for users than having XBMC run natively.

Indeed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC, iOS and make noise0