Bug Hebrew interface not showing words
Hello,
the latest XBMC version does not support Hebrew interface.
I've checked several other languages, are you aware of this issue?
Please specify exact version of XBMC and which skin and skin version you are using.
Frodo version.
I've tested both the Android xbmc and the windows.
Windows does not even list the language options for unknown reason.
Android does, but it doesn't show the Hebrew letters(seems like a font issue on android).

2. IOException on the Remote app for Android upon connecting to server.
It connects OK(when the host is Android based) but still throws the exception.

- I reinstalled the app, configured the xbmc to use my WINDOWS fresh frodo setup, and same exception only now it doesn't work.
It shows connectivity, however the commands i send from the app fail to reach the windows xbmc.

3. app; When clicking on "What is being watched" the app crashes completely.

*NO SKINS
*ONLY FRESH COPY OF LATEST AVAILABLE VERSION OF XBMC
Now you are talking about a phone app suddenly. Is this where the issue is?

Can you please start specifying actual names and version numbers? 'The phone app', 'frodo', 'latest' just doesn't work.

I know for a fact that XBMC 12.2 under Ubuntu 12 with default confluence skin can show Hebrew in the menus.

I am still pretty unclear if your issue is in the XBMC installation or in one of the mobile phone apps. I also have no idea which skin you run, which version of XBMC you have and which mobile app you use.

You understand it is impossible to help you like this?
Hi,
I'm sorry i tried my best, see i'm at the office so i don't have this information.
When i'll return i'll reply to your questions.

The mentioned bugs are in:
1. XBMC Frodo 12.2 windows - international settings language arrows does not work(only english available)
2. XBMC Frodo 12.2 Android - Hebrew titles does not show.
3. XBMC Remote app for Android - IOException.

All of the above were installed and tested in the past weekend,
I just did a full install, including languages - Hebrew of XBMC 12.2 on my Windows 8.1 laptop at work.
After starting XBMC I can select Hebrew and I see that not all menus are showing correctly.

This verifies your bug with 1 and 2. I am not sure what has changed because I am sure this was ok in the past.

EDIT:
I have verified the issue exists with version 12.2 and the upcoming 12.3
I know right?
It was ok in the past Smile that's why i opened an account to let you guys know.
Also, 1 of my systems is XP which presents a different bug(1) - "language option arrows do not work" meaning, i can't change the language at all.
-----Clicking on the arrow buttons does nothing, clicking on the word 'English' does nothing. looks as if the list is empty.

bug(2) is correct for both the android and Windows 8 setup.

Regarding bug(3), it's complicated.
I've tested the xbmc remote app from my android to connect to an XMBC host on another android machine - and it worked fine(with the IOException that kept being thrown without any reason, but at least the remote worked).
On my XP host the setup is almost the same only difference is the OS(Win.XP vs. Android) and the result suprisingly:
- IOException....
- Some other Exception i forgot...
- Crash on 1 of the features.
- After crash and reopening the App the remote no longer works on the XP-xbmc, i'm thinking maybe something not disposed properly, or the connection not closed...
The issue you experience is caused by the fact that the font selected by default in confluence does not have the hebrew glyphs available.
You need to change the font selected in Confluence to a font that has these qlyphs, eg. the Arial-based fonts.

How to do this:

1) Make sure language is set to English or something else you can read.
2) Go to Settings - Appearance - Skin and make sure Fonts is set to Arial Based
3) Go to Settings - Appearance - International and select Language - Hebrew, Character Set - Hebrew (ISO)
Tested in 13-alpha10, 12.3-beta and 12.2

I am pretty sure you did not choose the full install option on your Windows system.
Please download 12.2 again and reinstall it on top - make sure you choose full install and do not disable the additional languages.

The XBMC remote issue is seperate and can best be reported in the XBMC Remote for Android Official Forum.
It is always best to seperate different issues in different threads as they are most likely not related.
Hebrew fonts for files. skins etc
Settings -> Appearance -> Skin -> Fonts -> Arial
Still works in Kodi Ver. 15

Thanks Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hebrew interface not showing words0