Req Extended Music Video/Performance options
So I have literally thousands of music videos, tv peformances, segments from DVDs and what have you... the audiodb plugin is doing some good work tagging a lot of them, and I plan to help extend that database as much as possible, but there's a few snags.

1) XBMC only returns up to 5 hits for a song off the DB, which is problematic when the original release is not included in those five hits.
2) the database is great for identifying the song/album/year of release/director etc. But I have an incredible amount of TV appearances as well. The year of release and the album I wouldn't have a problem with being set just like any other video. But if there was a way in the program to denote a TV appearance like Jools Holland, Top of the Pops, Jay Leno, Conan, Saturday Night Live etc... that would be my dream. (I one day dream of hitting a button that will give me a list of say, every SNL musical performance I have from 1997) Perhaps maybe with some way to denote if the appearance didn't occur at the same time as the release of the song (like when the Cure were performing In Between Days on SNL in the 90s, or when Bruce Springsteen did Because The Night with The Roots last year on Fallon)
3) This extended option might also cover alternate versions of videos. (like Weezer's Island in the Sun has two versions etc, this happens from time to time..)
4) Any way possible to just point-and-click edit the metadata from inside the program. That would be incredible. I know this might change the nature of the program, but I for one think everyone would love if the program held an iTunes-style database with all the metadata in it that was centralized instead of mucking about with .nfos and workarounds. the .nfos are great to have in many situations, but it'd be great to make program-specific tweaks to the info if it struck your fancy.

Anyway, that's what I'd love. Thanks guys, great programs/sites. I look forward to contributing.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Extended Music Video/Performance options0