Req TMDb - Support Movie set metadata and art (posters & fanart)
Fanart poster and metadata has to come from TMDb using TMDb scraper, which does not fetch anything from fanartTV.

This is a pointless discussion.

None of Movieset poster, fanart and movieset metadata is implemented at all, never was., its utterly new and not to be confused with existing artwork or metadata which you insist on comparing with.

Be my guest then, go ahead and implement it however you like, only then you will realize you working outside the default parametres and that work will not be accepted into mainline, defeating the purpose of the feature.

Im trying to get this implemented in default skin using default installed scrapers and you trying to go above and beyond that which isn’t compatible with default options, these are exclusive and incompatible as I understand how it work in default skin/scrapers and kodi databases.

Im out of this discussion, its utterly non productive. ether way if I had the skils to achieve one method or both, this discussion would be equally useless as it would be done.
What came first the chicken or the egg? Looks like on one side, the scrapers are not scraping for set meta-data (even if it exists) and Kodi doesn't recognize set meta-data art as a separate entity. Kodi has made an enormous impact in home theatre and has almost become the defacto standard and something like this will really put the polish on the software (I would not use the word apple). For all this coding effort to keep up streaming capabilities when we all know that this is going down a blind alley, and adding tuner capabilities to a broadcast industry that wants OTA dead, it would seem a reasonable direction forward for Kodi would be to strengthen the widebase of the home theatre enthusiast who in all likelihood will be around with his paid collection long after the internet has locked down content, and the broadcast industry has capitulated to broadband.

Let's put a bit of romance back into the eye candy instead of a myriad of work-arounds and start using what's out there, if Kodi doesn't, something will come along that will and it certainly will not be as customizable.
They arent scraping because no one has added the support yet, which is why this thread exists, to add FEATURE REQUEST for default TMDb scraping support and confluence support for displaying movieset metadata, set poster and set fanart from TMDb.

All else is beyond that request and not supported by default and very unlikely for anything non default to be added to kodi.

The problem is no-one is even interested so far to add the bare minimum support for this, never mind something that requires tools or scrapers that not only dont support it like default stuff, vut these are also not available by default and as such unlikely to be included in kodi at all.

Pointless really going off on tangents in any case even if I agree with all of what is suggested here by everyone else.
(2015-04-26, 17:59)uNiversal Wrote: They arent scraping because no one has added the support yet, which is why this thread exists, to add FEATURE REQUEST for default TMDb scraping support and confluence support for displaying movieset metadata, set poster and set fanart from TMDb.

All else is beyond that request and not supported by default and very unlikely for anything non default to be added to kodi.

The problem is no-one is even interested so far to add the bare minimum support for this, never mind something that requires tools or scrapers that not only dont support it like default stuff, vut these are also not available by default and as such unlikely to be included in kodi at all.

Pointless really going off on tangents in any case even if I agree with all of what is suggested here by everyone else.

I re-read your post over and over, and am having a very hard time understanding what you are trying to say.

You keep mentioning "by default" and things not being included by default. Any feature request, is obviously not currently in Kodi "By default" thus, the request Confused

(2015-04-26, 15:34)uNiversal Wrote: None of Movieset poster, fanart and movieset metadata is implemented at all, never was., its utterly new and not to be confused with existing artwork or metadata which you insist on comparing with.

If this is the case, then please explain the following screen captures from a DEFAULT and UNALTERED Confluence skin:

Here is a screen capture from the Confluence Skin, which correctly shows a Movie Set Image when browsing in the list of movies:

Here is where you can manage sets, and add/remove movies from the sets:

Lastly, here is where you can choose the set specific fanart and posters for movie sets:

So the above IS FULLY SUPPORTED ALREADY up to this point.

Now all that is needed to finish what was started 3 years ago:

What is NOT supported when you do an export or import of movies, as individual files:
  • MovieSet Poster Image ([Movie-Name]SetPoster.jpg)
  • MovieSet Fanart Image ([Movie-Name]SetFanart.jpg)
  • <set>Movie Set Name</set> in the .nfo file

This is all that have been referring to all along, when exporting or importing to come up with names for these new images that Kodi ALREADY SUPPORTS and respectively import or export them as it does with all other images.
------------------------------------------
Intel Quad core 3.8 Ghz / Windows 11 Pro / 32 gigs RAM/ MCE Remote /20 Tb storage / Intel Iris 550 chip-set outputting 4k via HDMI to a 80" LED TV / just over 5,800 movies

Have you entered your 5 Movies? - Support themoviedb.org as THE best open source movie information site.
Thats been supported for a long long long time. I already had explained that to you way back in post #7 http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1610087.

Changing movieset poster art has nothing to do with request thats is already supported.

but for movieset related chages that are already supported -- now you even have movie set flag in listview http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=223713 which I see you are missing on your screenshots (probably because your using an older kodi, so it will be there for v15 isengard release.

- Lets make one thing clear, my request is that metadata and artworks for moviesets should be added to kodi (they are supported by the website and api (just not kodi). And that by inheritance imply that such default support which currently does not exist should be added sometime in future... Which clearly is a more distant future than you or I think.

Clearly must be some language issue (it happens) but I assure you I'm as confused by your posts as you seem to be by mine.

Your posts here are more concerned with naming standards of artwork which tbh is a tertiary issue part of some other problem and is only related to this because it applies somehow.

Yet, we still not getting anywhere neither for your requests or this request and I dont believe we are anywhere closer to either issues being resolved.

hang in there, Im hanging also.
(2015-05-31, 20:15)uNiversal Wrote: Changing movieset poster art has nothing to do with request thats is already supported.

Yes, it is supported already, and was trying to set a "baseline" of where things are for the most part. As Kodi stands right now, 90% of the "Set Stuff" is already in place. I was trying to show that.

(2015-05-31, 20:15)uNiversal Wrote: artwork which tbh is a tertiary issue part of some other problem and is only related to this because it applies somehow.

I am trying to understand what you are saying, I really am, I am just having difficulty. I think you suffer from a problem that I do as well, my mind goes far faster than my fingers typing stuff out Wink The naming issue I am bring up, is a small thing, as I think you said. On the other hand it is needed to finalize the set artwork. Kodi can organize sets, and you can manually set posters and fanart for the sets. Kodi will then display that artwork when a movie set is highlighted in the list of movies. What it does not do, is save or import those images in any way. A name is necessary as the very first thing, to be able to add this ability. That is the only reason I keep mentioning the naming conventions. The bottom line is Kodi can handle the sets and images, yet there are no images associated with it on an import or export.

Great work on getting the Media Flag into the latest build. I will have to install that, as I am using only the latest Beta, and have not installed a nightly in a while.

As for it not showing when you have that collection selected, check out THIS THREAD (post #17) where I had the same problem when I edited a skin for Transparency, and the answer right in the post below mine. I think that will solve your problem as well.

Yet, we still not getting anywhere neither for your requests or this request and I dont believe we are anywhere closer to either issues being resolved.

hang in there, Im hanging also.
Intel Quad core 3.8 Ghz / Windows 11 Pro / 32 gigs RAM/ MCE Remote /20 Tb storage / Intel Iris 550 chip-set outputting 4k via HDMI to a 80" LED TV / just over 5,800 movies

Have you entered your 5 Movies? - Support themoviedb.org as THE best open source movie information site.
Im pretty sure that developers are aware of current capabilities.

Current abilities are not important to this request and they were mentioned only for clarification.

If I was a developer reading this thread I would read first post and ignore all the rest. They are only confusing everything into irrelevant subsets and more information that has no baring into the main request.
Ok, I have tried to follow your posts, and just can not seem to do so. It seems like a language barrier as you suggested.

One moment YOU suggest that a name be assigned to the newly added images:
(2013-12-26, 13:38)uNiversal Wrote: SetPoster.jpg and SetFanart.jpg (for the backdrops?) or better naming for the art!

Then you go on to say:
(2014-01-25, 11:17)uNiversal Wrote: Its not a naming issue, technically it can be named whatever once its supported.

You say that none of the movie set stuff is supported in Kodi yet::
(2014-01-25, 11:17)uNiversal Wrote: There is no infrastructure in xbmc to support anything related atm, no databases tables, no scraper API changes to add this or the ui code to make it all work.

Then you explain how you can choose images
(2014-01-25, 11:17)uNiversal Wrote: You can load a custom cover locally via choose art. (gotham builds) Highlight a set > bring up context menu and select choose art.

(2014-01-25, 11:17)uNiversal Wrote: Current abilities are not important to this request and they were mentioned only for clarification.

Ok, I was clarifying what is done, and what is left to be done Wink I just find it odd that the trouble to support the movie sets, the poster for them, and the fanart for them, and no one thought to have an actual image in the movie folders for them.

I am not trying to nit pick here, I just am honestly confused, you say one thing and then seem to say something totally different. The ONLY thing that I have requested, is that the new images that are ALREADY SUPPORTED be given a name, so they can be imported and exported just like every other image in Kodi. Nothing more.

Hopefully someone will take notice of your request, and the current gap in Kodi, and rectify it.

Well the feature request is METADATA and Set ART to be downloadable/ i.e. scrap-able from TMDb and displayed in skin

Supported by TMDb API https://www.themoviedb.org/documentation/api

In API supports following Which is all of the below Collection Features

Search
Get details
Images (posters, backdrops)

So you dont have ANY metadata support for movie sets, no rating, no poster, no fanart, no genres. no overview (forget about the fact you can add the poster yourself not relevant to this)

See https://www.themoviedb.org/collection/86...collection (it has overview/poster/metadata,genres etc. )aka metadata/details/art

https://www.themoviedb.org/collection/86...on/posters -> Several Collection posters available, Scrapable/supported in kodi/skin currently 0

Backdrops/Fanart https://www.themoviedb.org/collection/86.../backdrops -> 1 fanart available (for this example) -> Scrapable/supported in kodi/skin currently 0

Metadata/Overview (part of metadata) 1 available -> Scrapable/supported in kodi/skin currently 0

Quote:A superhero film series produced by Marvel Studios based on the Marvel Comics superhero team of the same name, and part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU). The series features an ensemble cast from the Marvel Cinematic Universe series films, as they join forces for the peacekeeping organization S.H.I.E.L.D. led by Nick Fury.

Other metadata supported in TMDb

Number of Movies: 4 ---- 1 available -> Scrapable/supported in kodi/skin currently 0
Genres: Adventure, Action, Science Fiction --- 3 available -> Scrapable/supported in kodi/skin currently 0
Rating 7.9 1 available -> Scrapable/supported in kodi/skin currently 0
Years -- 1 range available -> Scrapable/supported in kodi/skin currently 0

==

So all of that is fully supported in TMDB can be scraped and IS NOT, If you dont understand the feature request by now then I give up.

That's what this request is about.

naming schemes, doesnt matter -> was included for some complete thing (unimportant in grand scheme of non supported things)

What is currently supported also non relevant because it falls in category but outside the scope of request (Im sure devs know what is supported and what is not.)

We can talk about these other things, but its not to be confused with what request is about, Which I think is what the confusion seems to be and whats going on.

For the full 9 yards

To fully support this you need (from a developer point of view)
(discussion of these is slightly irrelevant but if you want to acknowledge the complete nuts and bolts.. OK)

Identify what can be scraped -- Done
Scraper changes -- Not Done
Skin Changes -- Not Done
Core Changes -- Not Done
Database Changes -- Not Done
++
Time -- Unknown
Skills -- C++, skinning/XML, MYSQL
Willingness/Interest -- Sufficient and a lot Smile

and finally pick a freaking name for the scrapable art which is not supported yet.

Does that clear it up for you?
Is it complete enough? I think I left the kitchen sink out.

Add -> kitchen sink.
(2015-04-26, 15:34)uNiversal Wrote: Fanart poster and metadata has to come from TMDb using TMDb scraper, which does not fetch anything from fanartTV.

Again, sorry, but you are incorrect. According to Fanart.tv, Kodi was responsible for the top 2 & 3 image requests in 2014. #2 being a plugin, but #3 is all Kodi. 206 million requests is a lot for something that does not "fetch anything from fanartTV" (Link to the Statistics)

FanArt.tv: Here is a round up of where the top 10 API requests came from in 2014

1) CouchPotato – 644,082,434 requests
2) Artwork Downloader (XBMC plugin) – 209,834,813 requests
3) XBMC – 206,617,136 requests
4) MusicBee – 165,351,915 requests
5) Media Browser – 135,124,989 requests

You keep talking about all of this TON of code, and doing things from scratch, C++ and such. As I posted above, the API call is ALREADY BEING MADE, and has everything that is needed.

Quote:"moviesetposter": [
{
"id": "1613",
"url": "http://assets.fanart.tv/fanart/movies/12...165f48.png",
"lang": "en",
"likes": "4"
},

the DIRECT URL is ALREADY included in the API call that Kodi makes to get the already supported images.
To retrieve the images, all that is left is to save the images locally. One additional line of code can do that for each image type. SetPoster, & SetFanart. Once that is done, Kodi will then be able to display the images (As it already can now in the Confluence skin) and download them. That is a MAJOR start with a VERY small bit of coding.

This has been the point I have been trying to make all along.

Next is the metadata you spoke of in the first post, the overview. The genre is questionable, as it could be the same as the first movie in the set, or it could potentially differ for each movie. Not so sure genre would be needed for a set or not.

This request is about TMDb scraper ONLY (look at the title of the thread), again this is unrelated to fanartTV (you are the only one talking about it) or any other scraper or anything else you may or not have in mind which may fall into category.

Stop talking about 3rd party unrelated things in this thread. Open your own, Ill be happy to indulge your madness there.

(2015-06-05, 06:43)JohnWPB Wrote: You keep talking about all of this TON of code, and doing things from scratch, C++ and such. As I posted above, the API call is ALREADY BEING MADE, and has everything that is needed.

Quote:"moviesetposter": [
{
"id": "1613",
"url": "http://assets.fanart.tv/fanart/movies/12...165f48.png",
"lang": "en",
"likes": "4"
},

the DIRECT URL is ALREADY included in the API call that Kodi makes to get the already supported images.

That is simply untrue TMDb makes no such requests (ony if is a set) https://github.com/xbmc/repo-scrapers/bl...g/tmdb.xml see for yourself and please stop going sideways.
This is the only set related queries in TMDb as of now https://github.com/xbmc/repo-scrapers/bl...#L156-L199

From your very forst posts you insist on talking about unrelated things and you insist on going that way irrespective.
Its impossible to explain this in any manner you will ever understand and you keep insisting on moving this sideways to unrelated things just because they fall under movie sets.
So therefore unless there's something actually related to the request as I've put it I wont reply to anymore of your comments (its unproductive and Ive better things to do).
If you have any feature requests or observations which fall under same category (movie sets) but is not directly related to TMDb scraper or default skin, consider opening your own thread and make request that suit your logic.
You know what, you are right. Even though you keep making statements, that are totally incorrect, and shown to be so. I can start to see how you think now. Even though I clearly have shown that what you have said is incorrect on a few occasions:

-The code is already in there for the scraper
- Kodi does use Fanart.TV for scraping and numerous other things
- A naming structure IS needed

You are one tracked and you come back with something like I don't want images from Fanart.TV, I want them from TMDB!

Lets just simplify things, I say lets go with what you suggest.

- Kodi should just use one online database. If the information is not in that one, then we must not need it.
- We do not need to come up with a name for the images, so that way we do not have to download them to begin with, this fixes to problems without having to do a thing!
- We ignore the code that is in there already to scrape the images, it's totally unnecessary, as we are only using one online source now, and it should actually just be removed.

There! Problem solved.

Stop hijacking this thread go make your own.
@uNiversal are you still going after this? would like to help but I'm off the grid the next 6 days for a festival. just so you know.

also if we ever get this in tmdb this might also be connected https://www.themoviedb.org/talk/5586979b...37c1004af5
As far as I know thats already possible or something of the sort.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TMDb - Support Movie set metadata and art (posters & fanart)1