Strange lockups
Hello,

So I have three xbmc htpcs running xubuntu 12.04.3. One is mine, one is my fathers, and one is my cousins. They all run on different hardware. my cousins and mine work great, however my fathers has some strange issues some times. There are three mager issues sometimes it will fail to start up, sometimes it will take forever to shutdown, and sometimes it will lockup and become completly unresponsive. I know that the startup and shutdown issues are not related to xbmc but I am not positive about the lockup (I suspect that is is a hardware issue.) I have included an image below that shows how the screen pixelates with red lines in xbmc and ctrl + alt + F2 wont even respond. I ran memtest on it christmas eve and it passed all tests. The graphics card is the same as the one my cousin is using (nvidia with nvidia drivers) and it has two new hard drives in it. A 30gig SSD with the OS and a 4TB for the media. The only thing that is remotly old in the PC is the motherboard (gigabyte) and the RAM (corsair) DDR3 (so not that old) Can anyone think of anything that might cause this? Or recommend some good hardware tests? Thanks.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2OPLQV...sp=sharing
BUMP
I personally would just wipe the os disk and reinstall, see if that resolves the issue.
(2013-12-31, 19:10)Atomic Zombie Wrote: I personally would just wipe the os disk and reinstall, see if that resolves the issue.

I did that. I upgraded to an ssd and did a complete reinstall and the issue was still occuring. I went from ubuntu 13.04 to 12.04 becuase I was having an audio issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Strange lockups0