Win Delete duplicate files from info shown in XBMC
I know the question that always gets asked is how to delete multiple XBMC listings of the same file but my problem is a bit different. I want to delete files from the information shown in XBMC.

So I've had a 1tb drive with a collection of 700gb video files which was neatly set up working with XBMC but recently i got a 4tb nas drive to replace it so i could add a 2tb collection to it. The problem is, this 2tb collection is messy with duplicates in itself and contains videos that I already have in my 700gb collection. I'm looking for a way to delete all but the best quality files in both the drives. For example, if I have 3 of the same movies, 2 are on one hard drive one is 480p, one is 1080p, and on the other drive is the same but in 720p. can i delete those 2 and keep the 1080p file? I then want to add these single files to the 4tb NAS.
You need to clean up and organize your data, after that, just perform a Clean Library and it will remove any values from titles that are no longer available.
Search first, provide details and keep forums clean. Mark things solved, to close them out and acknowledge helpful volunteers who share. If I have helped, click the plus button.
(2013-12-26, 19:34)transcender Wrote: You need to clean up and organize your data, after that, just perform a Clean Library and it will remove any values from titles that are no longer available.

Do you know of any good programs to do it? I was thinking maybe there'd be an addon in XBMC or something..
I use media center master it can filter out the duplicate movies you have, plus it does a great job renaming folders / files to clean everything up! great program
(2014-01-04, 19:44)szwikker Wrote: I use media center master it can filter out the duplicate movies you have, plus it does a great job renaming folders / files to clean everything up! great program

Thanks a million, I'll check that out
Ok, this is nothing but spam. Can a mod junk this thread, check out danielluke1984's, alexiass's, and stephano's post history.

Ban hammer!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Delete duplicate files from info shown in XBMC0