Bug Context menu gone wild. Watched and Unwatched w/o context aware entries.
There is no bug, the duplication why by design following user complaints when the Watched status Context menu entries got moved to Manage, if you check Alpha 7 there was no duplication with Watched status only appearing under Manage after the Context menu clean up.
(2013-12-29, 03:01)jmarshall Wrote: Thanks. If anyone is using these frequently, I'd love to here why you're pressing the buttons to mark as watched, and how often.

The important case is where you need to mark a number of items (efficiency is less important for one offs).
For me, this means TV shows where you have many episodes which require similar treatment.
One example is where you are watching a show, and lose the watched marks after the Blu-Ray comes out and you replace the episodes with a higher quality version.

So, I work out I'm on episode 13 of season 3 of 24. I can mark season 1 and 2 as watched (if I'm in a view with seasons) easily enough.
Now I need to mark 12 episodes of season 3 as watched. I'm using a TV remote with limited buttons, so no shortcuts are available.

How this used to be was: I'd context menu the first episode, navigate to watched, and select.
It would automatically move to next episode, and the next context menu press would already have the last action (mark as watched) selected.
So, I can press context then select, for each episode. Two button presses per episode on remote. I can get through 12 episodes in seconds.

Once it was moved into the manage sub-menu, the highlighting of the last selected option was lost, and so it took many more button presses.

If it turns out I have watched more than half the episodes, I may mark the season as watched, and then unwatch the individual episodes.
This again should only require the two button presses per episode.
You cant highlight 3 or 4 or more episodes or movies and mark as watched and or unwatched, because the highlight is lost when you move on to next file. it would be nice if highlighting worked throughout like it works in filemanager

That however is a feature enhancement request if at all possible
popcornmix: Thanks - I didn't realize the context menu remembered the previous item. That would reduce the clicks somewhat for repeats.

However it doesn't seem to do that in Confluence at least, which renders the number of clicks quite some higher than 2 (4 on movies afaict). Perhaps it does in some other skin?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2013-12-30, 00:59)jmarshall Wrote: However it doesn't seem to do that in Confluence at least, which renders the number of clicks quite some higher than 2 (4 on movies afaict). Perhaps it does in some other skin?

It does remember for me using Amber on Gotham.
Ah - Amber is specifically overriding code by specifying that the window should always focus the grouplist - sneaky... Smile

I'll ponder this for a bit longer - it'd be nice to be able to be consistent without adversely slowing things down for common-ish actions.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Just a timely remnder as I see many Settings related PR's and none of these seem to be addressed. Wink
It's intentional because eventually you will be able to go to "manage" from other areas of XBMC.
* un1versal does facepalm.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Context menu gone wild. Watched and Unwatched w/o context aware entries.1