12.3 and SMB networking
Just updated to 12.3. Cannot get my ATV to connect to my main computer. The drives are shared, I can access the drives from two other computers on the network, but when I browse through SMB on the ATV, it shows my network and the computer, but when I select the computer it says "operation timed out".

Tried to manually input the share path, but then it errors with "cannot access directory" or something like that. I did notice that I typed in "\" in the path, but in the dialog box after I select OK it shows "/" for all slashes in the path. Could this be part of the problem?

I can ping the ATV from my laptop and all network tests on the ATV succeed.

Have unplugged the ATV, removed all sources and it still will not connect. Any suggestion?
Never mind. A restart of the main computer cleared it up. Will see if it holds. Have had nothing but problems since upgrading this machine to Windows 7.

Just in case anybody looks at this post again. Do not use homegroup. Had a homegroup setup thinking it would be easier to access drives on each machine, but then the machine will disappear from the standard network and XBMC cannot connect.

As soon as I pullled all machines out of the homegroup and just used sharing, everything works.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
12.3 and SMB networking0