[RELEASE] Artist Slideshow Helper
(2015-01-20, 16:25)sssarel Wrote: Love the slideshow add-on, really great work Pkscout!

I'm having some issues with the helper though, it doesn't want to create any files, I've tried a number of different setting combinations, but no luck. Keeps giving a script error notification immediately after starting.

The same message everytime as well:
ERROR: EXCEPTION: argument "path" for method "XBMCAddon::xbmc::getCacheThumbName" must be unicode or str

Running AEON NOX 5 on Kodi Helix, Windows 7.

Logs:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=396409

Please turn on the debug logging in the addon as well (it's in the settings), run it again, and post that log. Sorry for the inconvenience, a bunch of the developers insisted that addons should separately enable their debug logging, so just about every time someone posts a debug log I have to ask them to do it again.
Sorry I thought I had it turned on the first time!

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=397703

Thanks for the help!
(2015-01-21, 18:42)sssarel Wrote: Sorry I thought I had it turned on the first time!

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=397703

Thanks for the help!

I'm not able to duplicate this problem on my development machine (OS X) or production machine (Windows 7). Could you add the following line to default.py?

Code:
lw.log( ["getting hash for artist %s" % artist_info['artist'] )

It should go right after line 85 (the one that says for artist_info in artists_infoSmile. Run that with debug logging and post that. This will at least tell me on which artist things are failing.
Hi Guys or @pkscout

Just a quick question. When i use A-S-H and migrate/move images to a new location, do i then need to point A-S to this local directory?

Thanks
(2015-05-31, 05:12)wacko37 Wrote: Hi Guys or @pkscout

Just a quick question. When i use A-S-H and migrate/move images to a new location, do i then need to point A-S to this local directory?

Thanks

Yes.
Thank You
Since I have the same problem I added the code from post #48 to the default.py file. There seems to be a syntax error in that single line of code:
Code:
21:21:42 T:12116    INFO: initializing python engine.
21:21:42 T:12116   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(39, C:\Programs\Kodi-Isengard\portable_data\addons\script.artistslideshow-helper\default.py): start processing
21:21:42 T:12116  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
21:21:42 T:12116   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(39, C:\Programs\Kodi-Isengard\portable_data\addons\script.artistslideshow-helper\default.py): the source file to load is "C:\Programs\Kodi-Isengard\portable_data\addons\script.artistslideshow-helper\default.py"
21:21:42 T:12116   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(39, C:\Programs\Kodi-Isengard\portable_data\addons\script.artistslideshow-helper\default.py): setting the Python path to C:\Programs\Kodi-Isengard\portable_data\addons\script.artistslideshow-helper;C:\Programs\Kodi-Isengard\portable_data\addons\script.module.simplejson\lib;C:\Programs\Kodi-Isengard\system\python\DLLs;C:\Programs\Kodi-Isengard\system\python\Lib;C:\Programs\Kodi-Isengard\python27.zip;C:\Programs\Kodi-Isengard\system\python\lib\plat-win;C:\Programs\Kodi-Isengard\system\python\lib\lib-tk;C:\Programs\Kodi-Isengard;C:\Programs\Kodi-Isengard\system\python;C:\Programs\Kodi-Isengard\system\python\lib\site-packages
21:21:42 T:12116   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(39, C:\Programs\Kodi-Isengard\portable_data\addons\script.artistslideshow-helper\default.py): entering source directory C:\Programs\Kodi-Isengard\portable_data\addons\script.artistslideshow-helper
21:21:42 T:12116   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(39, C:\Programs\Kodi-Isengard\portable_data\addons\script.artistslideshow-helper\default.py): instantiating addon using automatically obtained id of "script.artistslideshow-helper" dependent on version 2.19.0 of the xbmc.python api
21:21:42 T:12116   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.SyntaxError'>
                                            Error Contents: ('invalid syntax', ('C:\\Programs\\Kodi-Isengard\\portable_data\\addons\\script.artistslideshow-helper\\default.py', 86, 67, '\t\t\t\tlw.log( ["getting hash for artist %s" % artist_info[\'artist\'] )\n'))
                                            SyntaxError: ('invalid syntax', ('C:\\Programs\\Kodi-Isengard\\portable_data\\addons\\script.artistslideshow-helper\\default.py', 86, 67, '\t\t\t\tlw.log( ["getting hash for artist %s" % artist_info[\'artist\'] )\n'))
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
21:21:42 T:12116    INFO: Python script stopped
I hope someone sees what the problem is so I can check which artist is keeping slideshow helper from working properly.
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.
(2015-11-09, 22:29)PH-SYM Wrote: Since I have the same problem I added the code from post #48 to the default.py file. There seems to be a syntax error in that single line of code:

Based on the /t/t/t things I'm seeing in the error, you probably used tabs to get the indent correct, but the rest of the code uses spaces to indent. Python is exceptionally picky about indenting, so you need to use spaces to indent instead of tabs.
Thanks for your quick reply. I don't know python so I did use tabs in there. I completely removed the tabs but it still didn't work.
Since I kept getting syntax errors I re-downloaded the default.py from github and noticed that debug-line was already in thereSmile
However, even with the file from github I'm getting syntax errors:
Code:
23:12:11 T:9280   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.SyntaxError'>
                                            Error Contents: ('invalid syntax', ('C:\\Programs\\Kodi-Isengard\\portable_data\\addons\\script.artistslideshow-helper\\default.py', 86, 79, '                lw.log( ["getting hash for artist %s" % artist_info[\'artist\'] )\n'))
                                            SyntaxError: ('invalid syntax', ('C:\\Programs\\Kodi-Isengard\\portable_data\\addons\\script.artistslideshow-helper\\default.py', 86, 79, '                lw.log( ["getting hash for artist %s" % artist_info[\'artist\'] )\n'))
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
23:12:11 T:9280    INFO: Python script stopped
So I am at a loss what's wrong. The only thing I noticed is there are 2 opening square brackets and only 1 closing square bracket but that might be perfectly normal in Python.
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.
(2015-11-10, 00:22)PH-SYM Wrote: Thanks for your quick reply. I don't know python so I did use tabs in there. I completely removed the tabs but it still didn't work.
Since I kept getting syntax errors I re-downloaded the default.py from github and noticed that debug-line was already in thereSmile
However, even with the file from github I'm getting syntax errors:

So I am at a loss what's wrong. The only thing I noticed is there are 2 opening square brackets and only 1 closing square bracket but that might be perfectly normal in Python.

Yea, that closing bracket that was missing was important. Wink

I've uploaded a new version to GitHub that works.
That did the trick. Not only does the Kodi log now shows which artists have been done, but to my surprise this version even completes its job without a hitch.
I was hoping that with the debug functioning I could find out if a certain artist name was the culprit for the script not working. I was amazed that the script didn't give any error this time but seemed to be actually working and lo and behold it did!

The version I had originally, the one that never worked, certainly did not have that debug line, not even the one with the missing bracket. This one, with the corrected debug line not only logs properly but als works as intended!

Sir, I owe you a debt of gratitude. Many thanks for solving this issue.
0.4.3~beta2 released

v.0.4.3~beta2
- added logic from Artist Slideshow for fixing illegal characters in artist names

This update will allow you to enable a "fuzzy artist name" option. With that ASH will replace illegal file characters with the one specified (by default the underscore). If you select Windows as the target, it will also delete (or replace, your choice) the period at the end of a name. This update is available from my beta repo at:

https://github.com/pkscout/repository.be...-1.1.0.zip
0.4.3~beta3 released

0.4.3~beta3 now properly deals with multiple periods at the end of an artist's name. If you are replacing the periods with blanks (the default, in essence removing them), AS will now remove all periods until it gets to a non-period character. If you've chosen to replace trailing periods with something (like underscore), AS will only replace the last trailing period.

As usual, available from my beta repo.
0.4.3 Released

0.4.3 was released today and should be available from the main Kodi repo and my beta repo.

v.0.4.3
- added logic from AS for fixing illegal characters in artist names
- additional debug logging
for some reason ASH dont move the Files for me anymore, they stay in the AS folder,

it looks like if the folder did not exist, ASH dont create a new folder?!

log
https://jpst.it/McCE

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Artist Slideshow Helper0