Headache! MPC-HC with XBMC
Can someone post the complete and finished playercorefactory text

for connecting xbmc and MPC-HC? I run everything except music from MPC-HC, and don't want to use xbmc.

ive tried to many different versions and can't tell if my playercorefactory has a problem or if its something else.

mpc-hc shows up in frodo 12.2 on windows 7 when right click, but it doesn't run, or open a separate window or activate mpc-hc at all.

i read that 12.2 frodo and mpc-hc doesn't work with win 7, but im' not sure if this is true. also, i can't find the download page for earlier versions of frodo (12.0) that are not in the pdb format, which i can't seem to open.
Post what is inside your current playercorefactory.xml and we can take a look and try and fix it, MPC-HC should work fine.

Previous releases of Frodo can be found here if you need them.
<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files\Media Player Classic - Home Cinema\mpc-hc64.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<hidecursor>false</hidecursor>
<forceontop>false</forceontop>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="mkv|MOV|hdmov|wmv|m2ts|ts|RTMP|flv|swf| vf|x-flv" player="MPC-HC"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

thanks

i'm using reclock as well, in case that matters. i only play videos burned to the drive, i never use the dvd player.
It looks like your file should work, you can try the following to make sure your rule covers all video -

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files\Media Player Classic - Home Cinema\mpc-hc64.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule video="true" player="MPC-HC"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

Make sure that the path highlighted in Red is 100% correct on your system, if that is wrong then it would be the cause of MPC not launching.
whats the advantage of using MPC-HC over the built in video player?
(2014-01-04, 19:10)cardboardbox Wrote: whats the advantage of using MPC-HC over the built in video player?

I've found none so far and I think it complicates matters, but each to their own.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
(2014-01-04, 19:10)cardboardbox Wrote: whats the advantage of using MPC-HC over the built in video player?
Better picture quality using madVR and/or ffdshow post-processing. I get better looking upscaling using ffdshow lanczos4 resize with luma sharpen 1.0, vs. XBMC built in scaling.
My TV does a nice enough job at upscaling and changing to lanczos within XBMC takes a few seconds.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Headache! MPC-HC with XBMC0