Bug Having trouble getting bluray ISOs to play
Question 
I have a some bluray folders I'd like to convert to an ISO (mostly to help with stacking, nfo file placement, etc)

Choosing these bluray folders plays them fine - let's me choose the main title, or the list of titles.

I've tried converting them with AnyToISO on the Mac, or with mkisofs on my linux NAS:

Code:
mkisofs -R -J -udf -iso-level 3 -o BATTLE.iso BATTLE_OF_ALGIERS_DISC_ONE/

The resulting ISO plays fine in VLC, but when choosing it in XBMC I get this error:

Code:
20:05:34 T:4604825600   ERROR: DVDFileSeekForce - ignored size of file indicated in UDF
20:05:37 T:140735223972624   ERROR: Previous line repeats 25 times.
20:05:37 T:140735223972624  NOTICE: DVDPlayer: Opening: bluray://my_network_location/BATTLE.iso%2f/BDMV/PLAYLIST/00756.mpls
20:05:37 T:140735223972624 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(player)::Put MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
20:05:37 T:4440727552  NOTICE: Thread CDVDPlayer start, auto delete: false
20:05:37 T:4440727552  NOTICE: Creating InputStream
20:05:37 T:4440727552   ERROR: DVDFileSeekForce - ignored size of file indicated in UDF
20:05:37 T:4440727552   ERROR: Previous line repeats 1 times.
20:05:37 T:4440727552   ERROR: CDVDInputStreamBluray::Open - BluRay not detected
20:05:37 T:4440727552   ERROR: DVDFileSeekForce - ignored size of file indicated in UDF
20:05:37 T:4440727552   ERROR: Previous line repeats 3 times.
20:05:37 T:4440727552   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting bluray://my_network_location/BATTLE.iso%2f/BDMV/PLAYLIST/
20:05:37 T:4440727552  NOTICE: DVDPlayer: playing a file with menu's

Any ideas how I can get these blurays into ISOs? Or how I can place the .nfo/artworks in the folders so I can stack them, and not have the BDMV folder detected as The Bounty, and the CERTIFICATE folder detected as Birth Certificate..
Kodi: Kodi 17.4, with Transparency!
50 TB Unraid Server: Docker Apps: SABnzbd, Sickrage, mariaDB
HTPC: Win10 (cause Steam), i7, GTX 1080
Watching on: Panasonic TC65-PS64 with lowend Sony 5.1 HTIB
Other devices: rMBP 15", MBA 13", nvidia shield
What you are trying to do is not really possible to my knowledge.

Why don't you just rip your Blu-Rays to MKV using MakeMKV ?

That would make your life FAR easier and retain the exact same quality as the source because MakeMKV does not compress anything, it merely rips to an MKV container.

I rip all of my Blu-Rays discs with MakeMKV, even my 3D movies now (which I then play with Stereoscopic Player).

Trying to work with BluRay folders is going to cause you a lot of headaches. Far as I know MakeMKV can read a BluRay folder and generate an MKV from that for you.

You cannot simply convert a BluRay folder to ISO and then expect that ISO to be meaningful to XBMC, or any other media player for that matter, because the ISO will not be structured in such a way that it will look like a movie disc to the player.

Apart from that, playing a valid Blu-Ray ISO requires an External player anyway because XBMC can't handle BD ISO, and playing BD ISO with any external player is not a great experience either because they tend to be slow and the menus are tedious.

By ripping to MKV you can get rid of all the annoying BD menus etc. and have a movie file that is still BD quality that will start playing in 2 seconds flat.

The only thing you would still need an External player for then would be Stereoscopic Player if you rip 3D BD to 3D MVC MKV files with MakeMKV. XBMC cannot natively play those.
The current alpha version of XBMC plays bluray iso files that I store on my NAS that have been ripped with AnyDVD. However, and bluray ISOs that I create from blurays I have made from Cyberlink Powerdirecter 11 fail to play. I wish they did, any ideas?
(2013-12-28, 23:49)SiliconKid Wrote: Apart from that, playing a valid Blu-Ray ISO requires an External player anyway because XBMC can't handle BD ISO, and playing BD ISO with any external player is not a great experience either because they tend to be slow and the menus are tedious.
I don't like my kids to mess up the original bluray disc. I ripped it to bluray ISO using AnyDVD HD, and I stores away the original copy. I can playback all bluray ISO's using XBMC flawless.
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2014-01-20, 21:43)bluray Wrote:
(2013-12-28, 23:49)SiliconKid Wrote: Apart from that, playing a valid Blu-Ray ISO requires an External player anyway because XBMC can't handle BD ISO, and playing BD ISO with any external player is not a great experience either because they tend to be slow and the menus are tedious.
I don't like my kids to mess up the original bluray disc. I ripped it to bluray ISO using AnyDVD HD, and I stores away the original copy. I can playback all bluray ISO's using XBMC flawless.

Same. has worked for me as long as I remember
(2013-12-28, 19:17)JustinAiken Wrote: I have a some bluray folders I'd like to convert to an ISO (mostly to help with stacking, nfo file placement, etc)
I have some bluray folders at first, but I converted it to bluray ISO's as described here- How to quickly convert folders to ISO...
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
I know this is an old thread...

I have a lot of blu rays ripped to my NAS. Some are iso fles, some are folders.

I find inconsistency in the way they work. Sometimes, I am given the option to open the list of titles, other times, they just launch into the main title.

Is there a way to always access the actual menu as though I were playing a disc in a regular player?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Having trouble getting bluray ISOs to play0