Sound To HDMI When Using Chromium On XBMCbuntu
I'm running XBMCbuntu Frodo on an HP (dv5t I believe) laptop. All is working splendidly with XBMC itself. No issues.

Last evening we wanted to watch a sporting event that was being streamed from a Fox Sports affiliate's website. I ended up shutting down XBMC and logging into XBMCbuntu and using Chromium. The video was going out via HDMI no problem, but the sound was going through the laptop's sound system - not to HDMI.
* Any idea how I can get sound to go to HDMI when using Chromium?
* Is there a way I could have done this through XBMC? I tried using Web Viewer but since it doesn't render the page (and I didn't have much time) I couldn't seem to get it to stream.

A much more minor issue is that the screen kept going into sleep mode every 10 min or so. I think I've read that installing xscreensaver is a way to disable this, but I haven't attempted it yet.

Thanks.

Jim
XBMC uses AudioEngine for its sound, so no configuration was done to make sound work outside of XBMC. Sounds like you need to configure alsa Smile
Yeah you need to set the default alsa device to be the HDMI sound device. I am out and on my phone posting this but google alsa set default asound.conf
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Yes, here is a link where I had the same issue and was solved.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=180909

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sound To HDMI When Using Chromium On XBMCbuntu0