Keyboard / Remote Navigation Question
How do I navigate via the number keys on my mce remote or std keyboard? For example if viewing the movie gallery of TV show gallery, if I select "T" on my keyboard or the numerical remote control equivalent "8" it should snap me to all of my movie or TV shows that start with "T".

This works on 3 of my 6 xbmc boxes, 2 are running openelec. For the life of me I don't know why it works or where to go to turn this function on.

Likewise, while viewing the EPG under Live TV menu and if I select "1108" it should go to the aforementioned channel in the Guide.This feature doesn't work on any of my xbmc boxes, is there a way to enable this functionality?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Bumping for an answer
As far as i'm aware you don't have to turn this function on. It's just shift+letter, unless there's something off with your keyboard.xml?
MCE remotes should use the default remotes.xml which should do this by default. To do this in a keyboard (or a remote that is seen as a keyboard to the OS) see: HOW-TO:Enable SMS-text entry (wiki)
Not sure on the PVR one. If I figure it out, I'll post here.
This solved my problem with quick page jumping http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...text_entry, thanks Ned! I don't know why this was turned on, with some of my PCs and off on others.

I hope you are able to figure out the PVR thing because it will help my WAF considerably. I am about to make a donation for the above fix and will make another one when my second problem is fixed.

Edit: is there a way to incorporate the jump list keyboard.xml with the basic shortcut functionality of the standard MCE remote?
(2013-12-31, 01:41)Ned Scott Wrote: Not sure on the PVR one. If I figure it out, I'll post here.

Hey Ned, any movement on using numbers via keyboard or remote to quickly navigate the EPG, similar to MCE or MediaPortal? For example, LiveTV opens up at the bottom of the EPG, channel 2 in my case. As a result, I have to manually scroll up/down to 1108 if I want to go to TNT. It would be nice if you could enter 1108 and go to the channel's epg with out arrowing up or down on the remote or keyboard.
bump...
Hello all, I hate bumping a old thread but I am experiencing the same issues as before running Kodi with confluence skin. I was wondering if the wiki info is still applicable under Kodi? I will give it a go tonight, after I get off of work but I was wondering if anyone else had this problem.
I thought that had been added recently, but I guess it hasn't.
(2015-08-04, 00:33)Ned Scott Wrote: I thought that had been added recently, but I guess it hasn't.

Is this true of all skins?
I don't think it would be skin dependent, but I'm not 100% sure on that.
Ok, I did a little experimenting. I have multiple configurations of Kodi. I have an ASROCK 330HT with OPENELEC, an ASROCK 330HT running Windows 10 w/Kodi, surface pro 3 w i7, windows 10, and Kodi. I also have a franken build tower running Windows 10 and Kodi.

Out of all of my setups only my ASROCK with Windows 10 doesn't allow me to use SMS text search within the Music, Movie or TV library.

I went into the Kodi directory and renamed the keymap directory to keymap_old and replaced it with keymap directories from my Franken build and surface pro 3 and still no joy. I also tried using different MCE remotes and no joy. However, the MCE remotes work fine on all builds except my ASROCK win 10/kodi setup.

Any idea of what I can try to further trouble shoot?

NOTE: The ASROCK doesn't have a external usb blaster dongle but instead have the Nuvoton CIR.
Sorry, I got the posts mixed up and thought you were just asking about using channel numbers to jump in the PVR EPG window.

Can you get us a debug log (wiki) from the ASROCK? Just start up Kodi with the keymap and press some buttons on the remote. Even if it doesn't capture any input, it might tell us if Kodi sees your IR receiver as an input device at all.
(2015-08-04, 03:38)Ned Scott Wrote: Sorry, I got the posts mixed up and thought you were just asking about using channel numbers to jump in the PVR EPG window.

Can you get us a debug log (wiki) from the ASROCK? Just start up Kodi with the keymap and press some buttons on the remote. Even if it doesn't capture any input, it might tell us if Kodi sees your IR receiver as an input device at all.

Will do, I will do it tomorrow. I have class after work today. Thanks again for your help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Keyboard / Remote Navigation Question0