Win Problem with album thumbnail and cached images
Hi all,

Just returned to using a HTPC to try and make it my main source for playing music.

Currently using v12.3.

Multiple issues so far.

1) I have two albums showing up that don't exist. This persists after multiple clean library and scan library iterations. If I click on the album there is one song listed on each. If I manually go into the file info with Tagscanner there is no info in the album category (at some point I must have erased it), but XBMC is not updating. To solve the problem I had to add an temporary name in the "album" field and then re-scan. Then I changed it back to empty and this worked. Also, going into the database file and manually deleting the item works, but this seems like something XBMC should be doing.

2) Thumbnails are not updating correctly. If I select an album with a "bad" image to replace I right click, click "album info" and "get thumb." I see the thumb is not good.
a) If I manually go in and load a new picture into the folder and call it something else I can select it (browsing), replace, but on new library clean the bad picture is back.
b) If I manually rename the folder.jpg with the new image it won't "see" the new image when I load and won't replace it with a library clean. (If I browse and select it shows the "bad" thumbnail even though windows explorer shows the correct image/thumb).
c) My solution has been to go into the database file, delete the pointer and delete the cached thumbnail. Then it works.

It seems that XBMC should be doing 2c all by itself automatically. Fixing images is a huge pain. Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Brian
To replace a folder.jpg, simply copy the new one over the old. The cache will then pick it up within a couple days automatically. No need for you to do anything else.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

So it takes a couple of days?

I was replacing the folder files, but then when there wasn't any change (after updates) I was worried it wasn't working properly. If this is the case, then that is great!

What about the issue brought up in Question1?

B.
Basically we need a reproducible case in order to diagnose - it could be a phantom tag that XBMC reads that others don't or vice-versa, or could be a genuine bug.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with album thumbnail and cached images0