Which AMD GPU for VM based Openelec build
Hi all,

I'm currently in the process of testing and building a VM based HTPC that will replace my current setup.
I've installed and tested ESXi and found that to get the GPU passthrough working correctly, I need to replace my current Nvidia GPU's with AMD Radeon cards.
The AMD's that I've tested with pass through to windows VM's fine, but I've yet to get them working with an installation of Openelec.
As they weren't my cards, and I didn't plan to buy the same ones (they were high spec gaming cards, which is overkill for my plans), I decided not to waste too much time getting these cards to work.
Does anyone have any experience getting AMD cards to work correctly with Openelec? - If so, what is required?

My budget is £50 per card, but I would prefer to be paying about £25/card if possible.
I've currently got an Intel i3 based setup, and use the on-board GPU and that's been fine for what I need so far.
My only reason for switching to dedicated GPU's is for the passthrough functions.
I will not be doing any form of gaming with these cards, only 1080p XBMC playback, with 5.1 surround.
CEC would be handy if there's any cards with that built in, but I have the pulse eight devices, so it's not a problem if not.

So, please can anyone reccoment which AMD cards would be best to buy?

Many thanks,
Stu

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Which AMD GPU for VM based Openelec build0