Proven working XBMC Live RF remote
Hi all,

i've browsed the wiki for remotes but I can't find an RF remote that is still for sale which is proven to work with minimal config for XBMC live, can anyone recommend me one please? my remote is my missing link.

EDIT: Failing this, has anyone got experience of whether HP "MCE" remote control working with Live/Linux? I doubt it's genuine HP as it's made in China and has a "lenovo" MCE receiver, not a HP one
Lounge rig: nVidia Shield - Official Kodi
Bedroom rig: Amazon Fire TV - Kodi 17.3
Backend: HP Microserver, Ubuntu, JBOD
All MCE remotes should work fine. I have used two Chinese fakes myself, they're all electrically identical to the real versions. The one's I've used are this one and this one. The latter is a bit slow but that's a hardware problem I believe.

The defualt keymap is a bit weird so you'll most likely want to remap a few buttons. If all you want to do is swap the function of two buttons you can do that in Lircmap.xml, if you want to change the function of a button you create keymaps/remote.xml and add your customizations.
thanks for the response negge, I went for a "Emprex 3009ARF Wireless MCE Remote Control-ARF" Let's see how I get on!
Lounge rig: nVidia Shield - Official Kodi
Bedroom rig: Amazon Fire TV - Kodi 17.3
Backend: HP Microserver, Ubuntu, JBOD

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Proven working XBMC Live RF remote0