ATV3 / airparrot/ macbook osx v10.9
Hi guys

sorry if repeat question but ive searched and searched to no avail.

I have an apple tv3
and have a macbook (one of the older ones - white) which i have downloaded air parrot on.
I also have XBMC on my mac. When watching video. The video is airplaying to my tv but the sound is coming out of the mac

Can someone please help me?

(Sorry if this is something really basic)
Go to XBMC -> Settings -> System -> Audio output

and change "Output device" to "Default".
(2014-01-01, 02:42)Ned Scott Wrote: Go to XBMC -> Settings -> System -> Audio output

and change "Output device" to "Default".

Hi that's not an option on mine.
Only options are hdmi/ Analogue and coax
Scroll down further. It's "Output device" rather than "Output".
It's not there only three things under audio output section

Audio output
Speaker configuration
Play GUI sounds

Undecided

What have I done wrong Sad
Sounds like you are using a nightly build with only the basic settings shown. Update your nightly build (wiki) and the option will show up, regardless of the settings level selected.
(2014-01-01, 14:31)Ned Scott Wrote: Sounds like you are using a nightly build with only the basic settings shown. Update your nightly build (wiki) and the option will show up, regardless of the settings level selected.

Hi you were right about the build however default still wasn't working but I changed to air parrot and got it to work

Thanks for your help and for putting me in the right direction
I'm using 12.3 x86 on imac os 10.9.2.

I can get airparrot to send the picture but no sound.

iv'e tried changing the audio output to default. tried all different settings but no luck.

please help.
try the same with gotham beta2 and ensure that airplay is the default audio output device.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2014-03-21, 11:03)Memphiz Wrote: try the same with gotham beta2 and ensure that airplay is the default audio output device.

thank you for the reply.

I will try that later.

After possibly 10 different tries. i finally got it working.

I set audio output to analog.
output device to airparrot.
then connect to appletv

and it all worked.

when i stop airparrot, i still have to change output device manually to default to get sound back on the iMac.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATV3 / airparrot/ macbook osx v10.90