Things I'd like to see
Reading the rules for posting in the feature requests section, I thought I'd be safer here, as a kind of general discussion.

Well for me I would love to see...

Start xbmc button from rc6 remote, as standard.
"C" button functionality on the remote - it's the thing I'm always having to get my keyboard over for. (Maybe it's there and I can't find it?)
Movie info when you press the info button (when the movie is playing). I mean, the synopsis rather than the time remaing bar etc - maybe a seperate button or toggle through one then the other?
Subtitles - when I'm selecting subtitles for a foreign film, if it has them already but not displayed, and I go to search for subtitles, it tells me local titles are available, but I can't find how to select them (I guess you go back into the settings via the cine reel symbol, but it's not as convenient as if an option came up "use local titles? yes/no"

What other little bits do people think they want?

Just to say - for every one little niggle, there's about a hundred positives! Hell it works great most the time Smile
most if not all these things are already possible you can program your remote using keymap.xml in linux or using something like the MCE remote addon for windows

for starting xbmc with a button just right click on the xbmc shortcut in the shortcut key section of properties set that to a combination mine is set to ALT-CTRL-X then program the remote button you want to send that command

using the mce remote addon in windows you can simply set what button you like to C to bring up context menu same for Info set a key to I
On my Harmony remote I have the 'C' button mapped to the 'Guide' key.
I use the 'Menu' button to bring you back to the home screen, the 'Info' button to bring up 'Info', and the 'Exit' key is actually the 'Back' or 'Escape'.

Works really well.
(2014-01-04, 21:44)dtviewer Wrote: On my Harmony remote I have the 'C' button mapped to the 'Guide' key.
I use the 'Menu' button to bring you back to the home screen, the 'Info' button to bring up 'Info', and the 'Exit' key is actually the 'Back' or 'Escape'.

Works really well.

LOL, that is exactly how I set mine up to.
Cycle through subtitles with the t button, map it on your remote. No need for menus.

Maybe I am getting old, but why does everyone mumble these days? I feel like I need subs even in English language movies.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Things I'd like to see0