Bluray drive on network.
If you fitted a bluray drive to your server. Could it be added as a source to xbmc on your media boxes and give the ability to watch blurays over the network?

Just an idea popped in whilst reading another thread Smile
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

Yes, I have no optical in my clients so put a bluray drive and anydvd on my server, then share the drive out via NFS.
Only issue is that it caches the mount (or did last time I looked) so you have to remount if you change the disc.
And xbmc plays the bluray fine and menus etc workHuh
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

Video played fine last time a tried it, but menu support (in XBMC as a whole) wasn't great at that point, not entirely sure of the status of it now though as I've not watched a bluray in ages.
(2014-01-02, 13:16)Swifty Wrote: Yes, I have no optical in my clients so put a bluray drive and anydvd on my server, then share the drive out via NFS.
Only issue is that it caches the mount (or did last time I looked) so you have to remount if you change the disc.

I tried this with a normal DVD (not bluray) a few years ago and had a pretty marginal experience. Yes, the drive is mounted - but it didn't just "play" like a local drive would. I had to navigate into the VIDEO_TS folder, and choose to play the VIDEO_TS.VOB file. It worked, but my wife nearly shot me when I explained to her how to play her movie. I don't own a bluray, so I'm not sure if a similar problem exists there.
It would be great if the disc play option in the skin could be configured to use either a local or a remotely mounted drive.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bluray drive on network.0