Non MCE compliant IR receiver needed.
Having no help from the myharmony support forum so though i would ask a question here.

I have a HP MCE IR receiver on my HTPC which is interfering with my xbox360 activity. Whenever i shutdown my xbox360 it brings my HTPC out of sleep mode. From what i can figure the shutdown command for the 360 for whatever reason crosses with the MCE commands.

I've been told i need to get an non MCE compliant IR receiver to stop this but i have no idea what to look for.....

I'm also in the UK as most things ive found are all on US sites.
(2014-01-02, 13:46)jonnywells Wrote: Having no help from the myharmony support forum so though i would ask a question here.

I have a HP MCE IR receiver on my HTPC which is interfering with my xbox360 activity. Whenever i shutdown my xbox360 it brings my HTPC out of sleep mode. From what i can figure the shutdown command for the 360 for whatever reason crosses with the MCE commands.

I've been told i need to get an non MCE compliant IR receiver to stop this but i have no idea what to look for.....

I'm also in the UK as most things ive found are all on US sites.

Not the solution you're looking for, but perhaps this could be a temporary work around:
Add 'shutdown HTPC' to your Xbox360 activity (maybe twice).
So when you shutdown your 360 it will also shut down (or start up and then shut down again) your HTPC.

New idea:

Perhaps you can use a different shutdown command for the 360? It looks like it's a toggle power function instead of an off function. Meaning, it toggles the power on receiving devices (not only your 360, but also your HTPC), if you use a power off function it just shuts down all receiving devices (meaning both 360 and HTPC).

Hope this helps!
How about Flirc
http://www.flirc.tv/
+1 to flirc. You can use any remote control with it.
I Brough one of these last week it works a treat if using in Windows and takes a little work to remap the buttons in linux but works well and can also turn on from s5

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jonsbo-Multime...1c39c22dc7
+1 for Flirc!

I might be being dim here, but couldn't you just shut down the xbox with a gamepad, which is wireless, so no IR involved at all.
(2014-01-03, 04:40)black_eagle Wrote: I might be being dim here, but couldn't you just shut down the xbox with a gamepad, which is wireless, so no IR involved at all.

I think this is my only solution apart from a Flirc.

Its more to make it g/f proof, she is TOTALLY useless lol
If your g/f is so useless, you should try to get a non blow up version.
I don't think it's the receiver that's causing this but the remote. The receiver simply receives and passes signals, I have an HP MCE receiver that came with an MCE remote, I can point other remotes at it and it sees other remotes, what's done with those signals is up to the software behind it...
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
MCE IR receiver can also be used with other remote controls with the help of eventghost. I have tried my DVD, STB and TV remotes this way with HP IR receiver. In eventghost, add mce and xbmc plugins. Press any remote control button and eventghost will raise an event which you can tie with an action in xbmc plugin.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Non MCE compliant IR receiver needed.0