looking for the right case
So I have been doing a lot of looking and I am having some issues with finding a good case. Actually I have found many good cases in my budget but not a perfect case. Here is what I am currently going with for hardware:
* ASRock FM2A85X
* ATX (modular) PSU - Have
* 250GB WD Caviar 7200 - Have (eventually upgrade to SSD)
* 8GB DDR3-1600
* AMD A6-5400K Trinity
* CPU Cooler
* 80mm Case Fans

I was going to go with the Silverstone ML03B Case but I saw a video that shows that there is no room for a modular PSU. Now I could buy a new PSU, but I would much rather use what I have to keep some of the cost down. I also need a case that is less than 14" deep, to fit in my entertainment center. I could cut an opening in the back but Id rather not have to. I also like the horizontal cases as opposed to a tower style case. Anyways, do any of you fine folk have any suggestions that may help me with this issue?

Thanks much
The ML03B will be fine if you don't put an optical drive in it, as the issue is clearance between the optical drive and PSU. Assuming you do need an optical drive, you won't be able to get something less deep than the ML03B, so you have to go taller. Your best bet will be the Silverstone Grandia GD05B or GD06B. They're both the same depth as the ML03B, the GD06B has a door on the front covering the drive bays, the GD05B does not. They include three 120mm fans, but you can add two additional 80mm fans to the back.
There's also the ML04. According to the spec it "Support standard PS2(ATX) power supplies".
(2014-01-03, 10:46)negge Wrote: There's also the ML04. According to the spec it "Support standard PS2(ATX) power supplies".

Up to 140mm depth, exactly the same as the ML03B. You're also limited to 70mm height for the CPU cooler and 170mm depth for the optical drive. Both cases are identical in terms of these limitations.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
looking for the right case0