Win Want to buy a HTPC
Pleasant good day ppl first thing, I am fed up of paying these costly cable bills. Another thing I am no way computer savvy I would like a HTPC to game, watch cable TV and movies as well as surf the net but i wish to have something fast and no upgrades in the near future but the question is can i have someone build this for me with all the software included...
This "Alienware X51" fits your description. It is a very powerful little PC. It should be able to handle any movie and game you throw at it. Since it use power brick, it is very quiet and cool too. You can simply install XBMC and this "Avertv Hybrid Volar Max TV Tuner" to watch Blu-ray movie and live TV. You can find all kind of PC games here- PC & Mac Games.

I posted some info on this PC last year- Alienware X51- the ultimate multipurpose HTPC.....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
How will you watch cable TV without paying cable TV bills? Even with an HTPC, you still have to pay for the cable TV.
Agree with bluray, The Alienware is a pretty good choice. I dont believe it has the haswell generation provessors in it though which seems to me silly to buy a new htpc with anything but haswell. Also, youll still have to config and setup some things. I believe (correct me if im wrong) the only guys that do a complete software setup are the Assassin HTPC guys. But depending upon how much setup you can handle the Alienware would be a decent choice.

Build your own for the best bang for your dollar!!
Alienware X51+AverTV tuner+Harmony Smart Remote+XBMC= you'll have a very powerful HTPC....

After you add everything (including Windows), DIY PC might not be that much cheaper (sometime is more expensive too). If he post this early last year, I could have sold my complete DIY Intel i5 with XBMC PC with a very nice case to him. It included TV tuner and remote for XBMC. I sold it on Craigslist for $600, and the new owner is very happy with it.....

It will cost him some bucks to have somebody build and configure everything for him. Assassin is a good place to start, but you have to be ready to spend some bucks there too....
WOW that is alot of money wow to high for my pocket...
(2014-01-06, 20:23)linaldo Wrote: WOW that is alot of money wow to high for my pocket...

I... I do not know what you expected? What is your budget?

FAST---FUTURE PROOF---CHEAP

choose two
Theater: The PS4/XBONE killer running Kodi 17.3 3D Movie Box: Raspberry Pi running LibreElec 8.0 Alpha BROKEN Family Room: "A6-Pack" running Kodi 17.3 Whole House: FireTV running Kodi 17.3
(2014-01-03, 17:32)linaldo Wrote: Pleasant good day ppl first thing, I am fed up of paying these costly cable bills. Another thing I am no way computer savvy I would like a HTPC to [cut] watch [cut] movies as surf the net but i wish to have something fast and no upgrades in the near future but the question is can i have someone build this for me with all the software included...
There, fixed it, good to go, way within budget I guess? Cool
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
(2014-01-06, 20:23)linaldo Wrote: WOW that is alot of money wow to high for my pocket...
It is not cheap to buy a complete PC that can do everything (Blu-ray, Streaming, Gaming, Live TV, etc). For some of us, it is a hobby. It's still a lot cheaper than car, backyard, bike, etc hobbies.....
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/mini...,3531.html

best I can do. Splurge on a Pico?
Theater: The PS4/XBONE killer running Kodi 17.3 3D Movie Box: Raspberry Pi running LibreElec 8.0 Alpha BROKEN Family Room: "A6-Pack" running Kodi 17.3 Whole House: FireTV running Kodi 17.3
(2014-01-07, 01:43)ragedogg69 Wrote: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/mini...,3531.html

best I can do. Splurge on a Pico?
It's not cheaper either, and their price list don't include Windows, Optical drive, TV Tuner, Remote control, Wireless mouse/keyboard, etc. Another word, it is not ready for XBMC out of the box....
Quote:can i have someone build this for me with all the software included

The alienware pc is ridiculously expensive for your needs.

Try www.ecosmartpc.com run by DougieFresh.

Also, decide if you want it to play BluRay discs or if it will just need to play ripped & internet content.
(2014-01-07, 17:54)joelbaby Wrote:

Also, decide if you want it to play BluRay discs or if it will just need to play ripped & internet content.

Thanks. We're always XBMC ready Smile

That is not going to work, because he want to buy a complete PC with all the software installed. He want a fast computer that can handles game too.

To get a complete PC (with what he want in it), he need to buy one from a place that offer customize computer. The best place to start is this- Assassin Performance HTPC's....

Another place is "Craigslist". From time to time, you can find a very nice customized computer at dirt cheap price....

It doesn't matter what brand and model, he have to spend some bucks to get it.....
(2014-01-07, 18:45)bluray Wrote:

That is not going to work, because he want to buy a complete PC with all the software installed. He want a fast computer that can handles game too.

What's not going to work? Do you know something about that link I don't? I happen to have it on good authority they offer everything from cases with power supplies on up to fully customized gaming HTPCs, office PCs and servers.

AssassinHTPC.com is a good place too. It just depends on what you want.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Want to buy a HTPC0