Req Read dateadded value from NFO files
Smile 
Hi all,

First, I would like to thanks for all developers to be able to create such a beautiful media center plus library system. Also thanks to the xbmc community for all the supports.

I have a little request for your consideration.
It would be great if XBMC can read the dateadded value from the nfo file when adding movies into library.
If nfo file is missing or If the dateadded value in the nfo is invalid or NULL (I think Eden don’t have dateadded in the Files table), then xbmc will follow the dateadded setting in the advancedsettings.xml.

Here is my story. When I had to relocate my movies storage from local HDD to bigger storage (NAS), I did recreate the MySql database, thumbnails and artwork cache (its great to have everything fresh).

I exported the libraries into separate folders and then rescanned. All the watched status and resume points were there; everything was perfect but one thing.
The dateadded value was not read from the nfo files. That made my recently added movies sorting completely new.

The sorting in the recently added movies is important to me, because I set the dateadded those new movies I don’t really like, few months/years from now (I backdated my computer date when scanning library). So they won’t show up on the top.

So I imagine, if xbmc can read the dateadded value from nfo files, I would have exactly the same library as before. For me, it would be perfect.

EDITED: I think I've found answers in other thread (Option to use folder date for recently added movies).
Any news on this?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Read dateadded value from NFO files0