• 4(current)
Release Amazon Prime + Chrome Launcher (Win,OSX,Linux)
dbabo, I haven't tried this on raspbmc but I highly doubt it will work. Mainly because I have used web based amazon prime (which is what this is) on a intel atom machine and the processor could hardly handle the flash.

clientxero.

I will look into it. I don't currently have 13 on any of my machines so I am not sure what is causing it.
Enjoy my work? Check out my other projects.

XBMC Add-ons

Android Games
(2014-01-08, 04:53)Romans I XVI Wrote: dbabo, I haven't tried this on raspbmc but I highly doubt it will work. Mainly because I have used web based amazon prime (which is what this is) on a intel atom machine and the processor could hardly handle the flash.

so there is no way to play Amazon movies on PI (xbmc) then ?

P.S. And i just got that "phising" email from amazon.
Like I said I just haven't tried it. I'm sure it could work but playback will probably be choppy. And there is no reason you should get the phishing email from this. It doesn't even attempt to log in to your account.

You will need to ssh in if you still want to try it. And install the required packages. Chrome, flash and hal.

XBMC Add-ons

Android Games
(2014-01-08, 13:23)Romans I XVI Wrote: Like I said I just haven't tried it. I'm sure it could work but playback will probably be choppy. And there is no reason you should get the phishing email from this. It doesn't even attempt to log in to your account.

You will need to ssh in if you still want to try it. And install the required packages. Chrome, flash and hal.

probably ( the phishing email ) was because i used the bluec addon before i tried this one.

let me try with the packages you listed and i'll report back.
Just a heads-up, in case you haven't heard, in a few months Google will be eliminating NPAPI support in Chrome, which means that we will no longer be able to use the only version of Flash that works with Amazon Instant Video in the Linux version of Chrome (don't know about Windows/Mac). That will pretty much kill this add-on for Linux users.
(2014-01-09, 17:45)mikefreeman Wrote: Just a heads-up, in case you haven't heard, in a few months Google will be eliminating NPAPI support in Chrome, which means that we will no longer be able to use the only version of Flash that works with Amazon Instant Video in the Linux version of Chrome (don't know about Windows/Mac). That will pretty much kill this add-on for Linux users.

Pipelight can also install Flash for Windows on Linux.
Update 0.7.1

Changes:
Included a setting to try to play the HD version of a video if available. Enabled by default.
Updated the script.module.amazon.database files. This adds about 2000 movies and 200 TV shows.
I thought that this would fix the erroneous non-prime video inclusion e.g. A Clockwork Orange, but it is still there. I am assuming that Amazon has it marked wrong.

Also note that I had a difficult time generating the TV.db file, It kept stopping at the same point in a way that i couldn't figure out how to fix. I ended up combining the old TV.db and the new unique items. So because of these problems I was having there still may be some shows missing from the Television > All Shows list.

Also let me know if it properly updates itself. I have never managed a repo so I think I have it set up right but I'm not 100% sure. Thanks

XBMC Add-ons

Android Games
Romans, thanks so much for your excellent work on this plugin!

I was wondering how we can keep the *.db files current... is it done through a script?

Thanks!
In the main menu you can right click on movies or TV and click full db refresh. However I had to alter the script for the movies to finish and I never could get the TV script to finish properly. Sorry I didn't include those changes in the latest update. I will in the next update.

XBMC Add-ons

Android Games
Thank you for submitting an add on that works for Prime. Is there a way to get to my purchased content though?
Still need to work on that. It was a function of bluecops original add-on so the code is all there. But we were getting a phishing scam email that unset our amazon password so I disabled it for the time being

XBMC Add-ons

Android Games
I have a problem .... in XBMC 13 all it says is its incompatible but if i downgrade to 12.3 it will install but i get this error

13:24:55 T:2136 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
Error Contents: No module named mechanize
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Suyeta\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.amazon\default.py", line 12, in <module>
import resources.lib.common as common
File "C:\Users\Suyeta\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.amazon\resources\lib\common.py", line 6, in <module>
import mechanize
ImportError: No module named mechanize
-->End of Python script error report<--
I needed to reset my password and found myself unable to play any videos because I couldn't get to the login screen. Turns out it was pretty trivial to add a new item to the main menu to load the logout/login screen. Just add the attached python script to the plugin's /resources/lib folder and add the following line to default.py:

Code:
common.addDir('Television','listtv','LIST_TV_ROOT', cm=updatetv)

common.addDir('Search Prime','appfeed','SEARCH_PRIME','')
        # ADD THE NEXT LINE
        common.addDir('Login to Amazon','amazonlogin','AMAZONLOGIN','')

This will log you out of your current session and take you to the Amazon Login page. Once you're logged in, close the window just like you would after watching a video. The new script is based on the existing play.py script.

@Romans I XVI, feel free to add this and/or modify it to suit your best practices.

- Dave

Link to script: https://www.dropbox.com/s/o10ylmqaibvjtf...gin.py.zip
I'm receiving an error when attempting to export anything to the library.

The log mentions that the value for TV_SHOWS_PATH is missing. I did a little digging around the xbmclibrary.py script and discovered this code:

Code:
if (common.settings['enablelibraryfolder'] == 'true'):
    MOVIE_PATH = os.path.join(xbmc.translatePath('special://profile/addon_data/plugin.video.hulu/'),'Movies')
    TV_SHOWS_PATH = os.path.join(xbmc.translatePath('special://profile/addon_data/plugin.video.hulu/'),'TV')
elif (common.settings['customlibraryfolder'] <> ''):
    MOVIE_PATH = os.path.join(xbmc.translatePath(common.settings['customlibraryfolder']),'Movies')
    TV_SHOWS_PATH = os.path.join(xbmc.translatePath(common.settings['customlibraryfolder']),'TV')

I then checked the settings.xml for the add-on and noticed that there was no value set for 'enablelibraryfolder'.

Adding the following line to the settings.xml file allowed library updates to start working for me.
Code:
<setting value="true" id="enablelibraryfolder"/>
I'm trying to see if I can get away with using my Harmony without using EventGhost. Smile I used the tutorial here. So I have two primary devices, MS Windows Media Center SE and the MCE Keyboard. Most of the video control functionality has been left to MCE defaults (play, stop, fast forward, etc). None of those controls appear to work on Amazon in Chrome-Kiosk and neither do my physical-keyboard media controls apparently. Any insights or suggestions?
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Prime + Chrome Launcher (Win,OSX,Linux)5