• 6(current)
Release Amazon Prime + Chrome Launcher (Win,OSX,Linux)
Does this work on an AppleTV 2? I installed both the Chrome and Amazon addon without problem. I am able to look through shows and movies available, but when I click on one to watch, nothing happens. The other strange thing was that I was never asked for my Prime login info.

Any ideas? Thanks for working on this!
SL
Great Work! I agree with a couple other posts regarding the ability to exit (unless I am missing something). I have to use the keyboard to Alt-Tab back to XBMC which isn't ideal since the HTPC isn't really easily accessible. Anyway to work around this issue?

Thanks
(2014-02-11, 04:09)Sam Lowry Wrote: Does this work on an AppleTV 2? I installed both the Chrome and Amazon addon without problem. I am able to look through shows and movies available, but when I click on one to watch, nothing happens. The other strange thing was that I was never asked for my Prime login info.

Any ideas? Thanks for working on this!
SL

It will not work on an AppleTV 2 because there is no browser on AppleTV 2.
I noticed a few shows are missing from the TV list (Archer and Betas, specifically). I did a Full TV Refresh (DB), and after about 30-40 minutes it was at 44% complete, then just stopped. Those two shows still aren't in the list, but I do see them on the amazon website. I tried the full refresh again with the same result.

Thoughts?
Hi Romans,
first, thanks for modifying these addons. But I have several issues. These are the most important:
- No watchlist support
- Movies/shows are listed that are not available via prime
- A lot of movies/shows are missing (I tried to force update it but got an error after about 1 hour)
- No remote control support (close/seek/pause)
- No "HD only" filter like on the amazon site
- Exporting to library not working

Are you working on any of these problems? Could we expect an update soon?

(2014-01-04, 04:47)Romans I XVI Wrote: Note: For convenience I have added Chrome Launcher to my repo as well and will keep it at the same version as is available in AddonScriptorDE's repo so there is no conflict.
There is already v1.1.1 available and you still have 1.0.7 in your repo. Could cause some trouble because the custom script handling changed...

(2014-01-06, 04:37)toor Wrote: I have read, that AddonScripter has also started on a new amazon addon some weeks ago.
Any news about this?
Hi. My apologies on not keeping up with this add-on. I have talked to addonscriptorde and he is in fact planning to create a amazon add on like his xbmcflix add on. I have just been busy with other things lately. And this large of a project is best left up to someone with more experience anyway.

I am looking forward to addonscriptorde's version just as much as anyone.
Enjoy my work? Check out my other projects.

XBMC Add-ons

Android Games
In case we miss it, it would be useful for a kind user to link the new product once it's posted. Thanks!
I see that we're expecting something new from someone, fair enough. In the meantime, I was attempting to get this going until the newer Add-On is available. One thing I'm having trouble with it that it open Chrome okay, but never puts it in Kiosk mode. It also warns me that I should disable developer tools with Chrome.

Any hints folks?
Hi,

I've installed the addon on a gotham nightly. Unfourtnately it reports, that it is not compatible.
It would be great to use it also in gotham builds.
Are you planning to update the addon?

Thanks a lot

regards

helmar
Seems today some of the Amazon Europe sites launched/renamed Amazon Prime instant video such as Germany and the UK any chance we'll see localised updates?
(2014-02-26, 15:51)aNILEator Wrote: Seems today some of the Amazon Europe sites launched/renamed Amazon Prime instant video such as Germany and the UK any chance we'll see localised updates?

+1

UK here, would love to see this happen.
For those windows users who are having trouble closing the player after it starts, I've made a mod to the version of stealthdave's branch of Chrome Launcher found in the git repository to allow closing the browser on OK/Select or back button press (tested with yatse app for android but should work with everything else).

Steps to Implement Fix:

1. Get the plugin code from stealthdave's branch git repository (you can download as a zip from the link on the right side if you prefer)
2. Replace your current Chrome Launcher in XBMC\addons\plugin.program.chrome.launcher with the code from the repo
3. Replace default.py in that folder with my modified file
4. Save the file and all should work

NOTE: you may get chrome's "chrome did not close properly last time" message. It will disappear after a couple seconds. This is a quick and dirty fix and I haven't had the time to make it work perfectly, just to make it work. Also, stealthdave, addonscriptorde, and Romans I XVI did most of the work on these; I barely modified it to work for windows so I can't claim much credit.
Can anyone tell me how to get cliclick working for osX? I have installed it but it doesn't seem to do anything. That is to say that when I use XBMC I still see my mouse and my Apple remote doesn't effect the Amazon playback. What do I need to do after installing cliclick?
any word on europe or uk update or preference tweak yet?
(2014-02-27, 01:39)B1gD4ddy Wrote:
(2014-02-26, 15:51)aNILEator Wrote: Seems today some of the Amazon Europe sites launched/renamed Amazon Prime instant video such as Germany and the UK any chance we'll see localised updates?

+1

UK here, would love to see this happen.

+2
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Prime + Chrome Launcher (Win,OSX,Linux)5