Bluetooth headsett from Openelec, plz help.
So, some guy at openelec forum says its not possible to use a Bluetooth headset With xbmc and openelec,
i feel like that is false so i find it strange that i and only one other guy at openelec forum are the ONLY People in the world With a Bluetooth headsett and a Bluetooth usb dongle in the computer running xbmc. openelec.

I COULD install Windows, but the openelec is SO MUCH faster and reliable than a xbmc from within win 8.1.

trust me i have them both..

So, the openelec do have a Bluetooth settings and it can pair up With my headsett, but i get a error With the sound so there is most likely just a configuration somewhere to be made..

anyone? ill buy beer!!
The openelec post you pointed to in your other thread won't open for me. Are you sure it wasn't referring to a RaspberryPi?

I mean have you even googled?

http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php?title=...ols_how-to
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
no, for some reason i have experienced the last days that the openelec site is Down a ffew Seconds to minutes very often,,
i find myself hitting F5 until i have developed grey hair sometimes..

i have also tried the asound file, but that did not make any change anywhere i could find for me..
i have been googling this topic since Christmas.
im stuck.
I have found the openelec thread and it looks like bluetooth audio is pretty screwed on openelec 3.x.

Perhaps you need one of those devices that plugs into the computer headphone out socket and transmits to bluetooth.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
yes, i also read that it was pretty much screwed, but i never found out why..?

well, now im ebaying and looking for a dongle With usb..

hmm....
i dont really se that if they had it working in previous Versions so why wont it in the New?
they abviosly had the proper configuration sometime, but now its unusable? i dont get it..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-HomeSpot-NFC...58a46c7543
The thread on openelec you posted in has a full explanation.
(2014-01-05, 01:46)veralynn Wrote: yes, i also read that it was pretty much screwed, but i never found out why..?

well, now im ebaying and looking for a dongle With usb..

hmm....
i dont really se that if they had it working in previous Versions so why wont it in the New?
they abviosly had the proper configuration sometime, but now its unusable? i dont get it..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-HomeSpot-NFC...58a46c7543
The description is a little confusing, but I am left with the view that this is the opposite of what you want, it allows you transmit audio from, say, a phone, to a set of headphones or powered speakers.

I think this is more along the lines of what you want

http://www.ebay.com/itm/A2DP-3-5mm-wirel...4855da2ddd
yes, this looks more promising, i find it strange that its cheaper to have a Bluetooth reciever to recive Bluetooth Music and then decode it to analog to cost like 4 dollars, but a Bluetooth dongle that take analog and convert it to Bluetooth should cost minimum 20 usd..

ill Guess i keep looking, i have a couple questions to a few sellers so time will show.

thx for the ebaylink anyway!

i ended up With this as its apt-x, the other one looked like it as mono..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2IN1-3-5mm-Jack-...3cd4694ef3
Our biggest problem before OE decided to remove the BT Audio portion of Bluez was simply that XBMC Frodo's new Audio Engine was not made with the forethought to support multiple devices or what I would call some-times devices. If you want to talk about dynamic usage of Audio then Bluetooth is it and Audio Engine was not up to the challenge (at least when it was first released).

We are going to use BT headphones as an example here but there are also remote bluetooth speaker systems and surround sound. This applies to anything that is a Bluetooth Audio Device.

The biggest problem was Frodo's inability to rescan the audio system for new devices. You would boot Frodo (OpenElec) without your headphones turned on and it would not see them. Even after you did turn them on, it would not see them. You reboot with them turned on and it would see them but if they disconnected for any reason (out of range, battery, power saving, because you turned them off) it would require a reboot to get them resync'd again. If you tried to play a movie and Frodo was mapped to your headphones but they were not there (battery, out of range, etc) the whole HTPC or media device would freak out and stutter. Video wouldn't play smoothly, you couldn't go back and sometimes it would cause lockups.

All of this could be solved by 4 features.

Feature #1 would be to make a primary and secondary audio device or a list of audio profiles place in the order of preference. I would setup my Bluetooth Headphones on the first audio profile and then set my TV speakers/Home Theater on the second profile. If I was really good I would set 3 profiles: Headphones, Home Theater, TV. This covers a whole heap of people. You have the guy that wants to sit down with his headphones and not pump sound out anywhere else. However if the headphones don't work and the Home Theater system is on then we want to pump audio to that, however maybe I am just casual watching and don't want surround sound, if nothing is on then just fallback to my TV.

Feature #2 would be the ability to cycle through the profiles in feature #1 with a hot key or remote control function. This way while I am watching a loud movie, I could just turn on my headphones and press a button to redirect audio to them without stopping the movie.

Feature #3 rescan the audio device list when we enter the config screen, when we press the audio profile hotkey (from feature #2), before we play anything with audio, when pause is pressed, and when the movie is stopped. This should make paired audio devices easier to connect and disconnect without a reboot.

Feature #4 pause the video or switch audio profiles (see feature #1) if an audio stream breaks. This function could have an option (pause or select x profile when audio stream breaks during playback). If my headphones go out of range or the battery dies. XBMC should not freak out!.

I would love to have another crack at getting OE3 to work with Bluetooth Audio but I think we would need to first make sure some or all of the issues with XBMC being more dynamic with audio devices is addressed first.

I would pay some donation money to see both OE3 and XBMC work out these kinks.

Thanks,
John Hamilton
Hamilton & Company, LLC
http://www.hamiltoncompanyllc.com

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bluetooth headsett from Openelec, plz help.0