Linux Locked out of Pi
Raspberry Pi running ver 3.2.4 openELEC XBMC.

Hi

I have just setup two profiles in order to afford me some parental control after re-siting my Pi in a more public part of the house.

However after playing with it for a while, logging in and out of the two profiles, I swapped the keyboard for the mouse (the second USB port being occupied by a Wi-Pi dongle) and the two profile passwords stop working (even after going back to keyboard).

I researched this for a while and it looks like the solution is to edit/delete the profiles.xml file, but I'm not too sure how to go about this task, putting the SD card into a card reader in a Windows PC does not show the files I need, I then tried to connect with both FileZilla and PuTTY but I can't find clear documentation regarding username & password, I have tried all combinations of anonymous, root, xbmc, xbox, profile name, profile passwords but nothing seems to let me in.

If anyone would care to point me in the right direction, I'd be really grateful, thanks in advance.

Regards
Mike
Each OpenELEC installation (including OE on R-Pi) has a bunch of default Samba shares which you can access using Windows Explorer (not Internet Explorer, I mean the Windows file manager). Enter the IP address of the OpenELEC client in the location bar using the form \\ipaddress (eg. \\192.168.0.8) and you should see about a dozen folders appear. The profiles.xml file can be found in the Userdata folder. You can edit the file, but it helps to have a text editor that understands Unix file formats (I recommend Textpad - it's free).

If you do pursue the Filezilla/Putty route, the username is "root" and the password is "openelec".
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Thanks Milhouse

It's all so easy ---- when you know how.
I don't have time to try it now, I'm just off to church, will try later and report back.

Thanks again.

Mike
Thanks Milhouse
Yep that sorted me, I'm back up and running now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Locked out of Pi0