TV show - Playing the intro and then the episode
If I have several files, each of which contains an episode of a series, it may make sense to trim the intro to save disk space. If I have the intro in a separate file, is there currently any way to set up XBMC to play the intro and then the episode one after the other, while keeping the reference to the intro file invisible to the user in the TV show UI?
I don't know if this is an option but why would you want to do this? You'l save a few GB tops, and a new hard drive comes 'cheap' ...also, Cutting all the intro's out is a very time consumong job!
No. there is no feature to do this.
I guess noone created it because it really isn't that much use. Disk space is really cheap nowadays.
How do you save space by putting the intro in a separate file?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-01-06, 00:13)nickr Wrote: How do you save space by putting the intro in a separate file?

I would guess saves the intro once for all episodes. Not each episode.
You are talking about the title sequence? Some very good shows that bit changes subtly over the course of a season. Anyway you won't save much.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
To be totally honest, I probably wouldn't split the intro myself, but I have copies prepared by others who did this. They even have a separate file for each different intro throughout the series (there are three). As I already have the already-intro-split copies on hand it's easier for me to use them (note that I didn't ask "how much disk space will I save if I split the intro apart from the main episode part?") Anyway, Kib said it wasn't a feature so I guess I either write a hack or punt. Thanks for the answers.
It might be theoretically possible to write an addon that handles this, although I am unclear how you would know which intro to use if there are three different ones.
Also some shows play part of the show, then the title credits (or intro) then the show continues.

Playlists would work, but at the expense of a lot of faffing ab0ut.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV show - Playing the intro and then the episode0