How to run / make XBMC portable?
Is it right, to make XBMC portable, I have to add (http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=XBMC_for_Win...table_mode) -p like done here: http://i.imgur.com/Nvlov6L.png

Quote:Excerpt from the instructions: "This will then use the XBMC folder itself as the Home folder..."
First I have to start XBMC with this -p switch, then close it (and all the plugins, settings etc. automatically are moved to the XBMC folder?). And then I can move this XBMC folder to a portable drive, make a shortcut to the XBMC.exe being in that folder and start it with the shortcut, that is it? Is there a disadvantage using XBMC portable?

By the way, is there a newsletter or something else what could keep me informed of updates?
Newest stable Kodi (portable), Win 10 | skin: default Confluence
I think you may need to add a space before the -p You'll probably have to manually move your userdata folder to the new location.
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
Thank you, Dilligaf.

Quote:You'll probably have to manually move your userdata folder to the new location
"...which means scripts, plugins, skins and userdata will be located in the 'portable_data' folder within the XBMC folder"
Actually it sounds like the user data folder would then be in the XBMC folder, so it seems to be enough to just move the XBMC folder or am I missing anything?

I am afraid there might go anthing wrong, so that I could make the installed XBMC defect.

OK, and a space before -p.

If I want to go back to installed mode, I just have to delete the -p in that target field?

Thanks again.
- move XBMC.exe to a USB stick.
- make a shortcut to it starting it from USB stick with -p behind it.
- start and stop it
- Copy the contents of your userdata folder to the new folders created on your usb stick. (or don't and start off with a clean database)
Many thanks Kib, hmmm, OK, I will see.

Thanks again.
(2014-01-05, 23:47)Kib Wrote: - move XBMC.exe to a USB stick.
- make a shortcut to it starting it from USB stick with -p behind it.
- start and stop it
- Copy the contents of your userdata folder to the new folders created on your usb stick. (or don't and start off with a clean database)

Don't know why, but this gives an error on my computers.
Maybe I should first install the portable version and run the indexing from there?
I get unable to create application every time...
(2014-03-14, 19:48)godly Wrote: I get unable to create application every time...
Is XBMC installed to Program Files ? Windows won't allow writing to it if it is, you need to move the XBMC directory out of Program Files
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
or give the windows user full write permissions to the folder.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to run / make XBMC portable?0