Changing from tethered to untethered?
Hello,

i have currently running an ATV2 with tethered jailbreak and firmwareversion 5.3. (6105)
XBMC is running on the ATV2 anything works as it should

After seasonpass has offered a new possibilty to also make an untethered jailbreak for the 5.3. firmware version i am thinking of changing from tethered to untethered.

When i understand it right after the jailbreak i have to start again the XBMC installation.

Is there any possible solution to transfer my current setup 1:1 to the new ATV2 after untethered jailbreak?
wiki item 1.9:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=XBMC_for_iOS_specific_FAQ

Quote:1.9 Backing up XBMC's settings
Link
The most common way is to copy the userdata folder (via SFTP) (not to be confused with FTP) from the iOS device to another computer:
/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/ for all of your XBMC data, add-ons, skins, etc, or just
/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/ for just the settings files themselves (which takes up less space, but means you would have to re-download add-ons, etc). (Forum:92778).
To restore, SFTP the directory back to its original location, then SSH to the ATV2 and run the following command to reset ownership/permissions:
chown -R mobile:mobile /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/

ie ssh into your device, backup the preferences and userdata, and then copy back after xbmc is reinstalled. As long as the xbmc version is the same this works fine.
In this special case there is a working solution for converting a tethered 5.3 jb to an untethered 5.3 jb. For this you have to go to forum.firecore.com. We are no jailbreak support community - they are. All you need can be found there.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Changing from tethered to untethered?0