Working pvr backend for soft encoding analog tv tuner
Hello, I was trying all backends without success on ubuntu 13.04 and windows 7 x64. So is there any solution for software encoding tv tuners? I Have winfast tv2000 xp expert, digital tv in serbia just started and my cable operator also starting digital tv in few months, so I have no use of digital tuners(also there is still not possible to buy any dvb-t/dvb-c tuner for pc either), also in future I'll hardly find tuner with needed encoding.
So if anyone know any solution, everyone is welcome to answer Smile
I was wondering is it possible to use winfast pvr2 application as external player, and if that is possible I'll need detailed instructions.
Currently I'm using advanced launcher to start pvr or just button on remote to use it, but would rather use it directly in xbmc if it is somehow possible. Thanks in advance!
(2014-01-06, 20:50)Halleon Wrote: digital tv in serbia just started and my cable operator also starting digital tv in few months, so I have no use of digital tuners(also there is still not possible to buy any dvb-t/dvb-c tuner for pc either)

You're making no sense. If they just started sending digitally, why not get a digital tuner? There are a gazillion different tuners available.
(2014-01-07, 12:26)negge Wrote:
(2014-01-06, 20:50)Halleon Wrote: digital tv in serbia just started and my cable operator also starting digital tv in few months, so I have no use of digital tuners(also there is still not possible to buy any dvb-t/dvb-c tuner for pc either)

You're making no sense. If they just started sending digitally, why not get a digital tuner? There are a gazillion different tuners available.

Yes they just starting digital, but in my country there is almost not possible to find any pc tuner that support dvb-t2 standard, and also there is just few channels that are in digital for now. As I said I have cable tv, that will start dvb-c digital televison in half a year so for now I'm stucked on analog for at least that 6 months. Anyway I have no use even if I find dvb-t2 tuner because there is only few channels, and even my cable will need stb probably(and connected directly to monitor) so I have no use of buying new equipment especially when I'm not sure how it will be. Few years ago people bought a lot of dvb-t tuners in my country, because digital tv should start in that time, now than can only throw them in garbage, because they are not usable with dvb-t2. I do not want to rush with equipment, because my cable provider tested several codecs for encoding on test digital channels, so who knows what will choose. So there is a reason why I do not want to spend money now, I want to be sure that things I buy will be used more than 6 months.
For now my tuner is usable more than other would be and I'm looking for solution only because I want to make it work in xbmc somehow because trying to integrate as much thing is possible in xbmc Smile
Either way if I made it or not I still can start winfast pvr in xbmc with a. launcher or on remote, so there is not really a problem Smile
mythtv supports analogue tuners.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
NextPVR also supports analog tuners.
Myth tv works with some analog software encoders as also nextpvr, but both do not work with my card particullary. For myth tv is recomendded hardware encoding tuner, and for next pvr creator said that will check why my tuner do not work few years ago when some user had same problem, but never answered that thread again as can be seen here:
http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.php?4...47b069510c
I'll try once again Mythtv, maybe I made mistakes configuring, thanks for your answer.Smile
(2014-01-10, 12:16)Halleon Wrote: For myth tv is recomendded hardware encoding tuner, and for next pvr creator said that will check why my tuner do not work few years ago when some user had same problem, but never answered that thread again as can be seen here:
I can't guarantee that particular card will work in NextPVR, since I don't have one here, and don't know of anyone else using it, but if you've got the softpvr components installed, and supply your npvr.log, I'm happy to check why it's not showing up.
Myth recommends encoding cards like pvr-150/250/500 because of the cpu load in encoding. However with modern hardware this shouldn't be an issue.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks all I'll try tomorrow nextpvr if I find enough time for that, and will place log. Thanks for willingness to help Smile
Actually tvheadend says it supports v4l tuners, so that would cover any analogue ones I think.
(2014-01-11, 04:06)nickr Wrote: Actually tvheadend says it supports v4l tuners, so that would cover any analogue ones I think.

Not yet compiled for ubuntu 13.10 and I'm still amateur for linux...
(2014-01-10, 18:29)sub3 Wrote:
(2014-01-10, 12:16)Halleon Wrote: For myth tv is recomendded hardware encoding tuner, and for next pvr creator said that will check why my tuner do not work few years ago when some user had same problem, but never answered that thread again as can be seen here:
I can't guarantee that particular card will work in NextPVR, since I don't have one here, and don't know of anyone else using it, but if you've got the softpvr components installed, and supply your npvr.log, I'm happy to check why it's not showing up.

Hello I made some progress with nextpvr. My tv card is recognised now but have problem with crashing while scanning channles. Think it might be something with decoder settings, because looked at log file, but not sure what I have to change.
There is log file so if you can help, I would be very gratefull.
Code:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/35720682/NPVR.rar
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/35720682/Logs.rar

OS is windows 7 ultimate x64, 8GB ram, celeron g550 2.6 if needed.
Tvtuner: Winfast tv2000 xp expert(installed x64 driver), sound connected in line in.
Can you run the filtercheck.exe, and post the filtercheck.log it produces?
(2014-01-11, 19:45)sub3 Wrote: Can you run the filtercheck.exe, and post the filtercheck.log it produces?

Code:
http://pastebin.com/UD2a2UTC
Here is log
Did you have to add the device to AnalogDevices.xml? If so, what did you add?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Working pvr backend for soft encoding analog tv tuner0