Proto Armour case for the Raspberry Pi
I have zero affiliation with these guys, but I bought one of these Proto Armour cases for $35 plus $6 shipping and I was really impressed with the kit and thought I would share. It's a very durable, extremely well designed aluminum enclosure for the raspi. Personally I think it's a nice compliment for an XBMC raspi setup as it makes it look more like a serious dedicated appliance, rather than a tinkerer's workbench (IMO, of course). And I believe it would be fairly easy to mount this to the back of a TV.

I was really impressed with how much thought went into the design, from "light tubes" that expose the LED's, to tiny pins that guarantee alignment of the top and bottom shells, to the built-in heat syncs (and heat conducting foam that came with it). It comes with the two allen wrenches that you need for assembly as well as dozens of little parts including extras. Assembly took about 15 minutes. I guess the only downside that I found is that it's pretty tight fit for the raspi in there, although I suppose that could be a good thing in terms of keeping the form factor small.

http://www.mobileappsystems.com/hardware...aspberrypi

And here's more info over at the Raspberry Pi forums.
http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewto...8&p=302701

I bought mine through their eBay store and it arrived about 4 days later here in the US (during holiday season no less). I think it's a total bargain and would highly recommend. I'll probably buy another.
I like the design but I couldn't buy an enclosure that cost more then the pi itself. Although I don't begrudge anyone who does.
I find it interesting that people have trouble paying same amount for a nice case that they paid for the cheap computer inside. But to each his own!
I was looking at the Nwazet case. It can accommodate a GPIO IR receiver. Nwazet Obviously its more expensive but I dont have cec on my tv. I like how the Proto case has heat sinks built in. If it had room for the GPIO ir receiver i would totally get it.
(2014-01-07, 04:26)calev Wrote: I was looking at the Nwazet case. It can accommodate a GPIO IR receiver. Nwazet Obviously its more expensive but I dont have cec on my tv. I like how the Proto case has heat sinks built in. If it had room for the GPIO ir receiver i would totally get it.

I'm not familiar with the GPIO IR receiver options, but the case does have a slot designed to allow access to the GPIO pins via ribbon cable. I think the idea would be to mount the IR receiver to the outside of the case and feed the wires (or ribbon cable) to the GPIO pins through the slot. There are a few mounting holes on the outside that could be used to mount something like an IR receiver.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Proto Armour case for the Raspberry Pi0