UPnP Share not showing files
I finally got my new server up and going. It is running Debian and has 33TB raw stroage.

The less important files (media) are being stored on a 8-3TB Disk Raidz2 pool. And this runs samba to directly read/write the files.

Anyhow, I got xbmc going and enabled UPnP although on a test computer I can see the server but when I goto the file "videos/" there is nothing.. but there should be another 4 folders.

I did get it to simply read my Samba share, so that brings up an entire different question - should I even mess with the UPnP? Would it be better just to connect each computer in the house with the samba share?

In end, I intend to share my server throughout my house, and would like to try and share outside of my network too. All of the projects that work on sharing your library outside of the network seemed to be dead/ devs stopped posted >1 year ago to them. My current speedtest shows 17ms w/ 30/5mbps speeds - which I would assume would be fine to serve at least one connection.. So does anyone know of something that works for this or have a link?
Anything in the server logs?
HTPC RPI3 Kodi 17 (Krypton) v8.0.1 MR
Storage BPI 1x 500GB SSD UPnP server
Display Sony Bravia 32"
You don't need upnp, smb is a perfectly good file sharing protocol. I suggest setting up mysql on your server so each of your clients through the house get the same metadata.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
UPnP Share not showing files0