CustomN xml
Thumbs Up 
g'day guys/ladies

having problem creating custom xml page. i have differnt catagories, of files. i want to change the background for each. example anime/tv series/movies/etc... i read up on creating custom pages. i manage to get to a point where i was able to create the custome page. but for some reason the custom page does not allow me to view my network files. what i have tried to do is modify the myvideo.xml to customn.xml. and changed the id to a generic # and modified home to load up that customn.xml for example what i have thus far.

home.xml
=======
<control>
<description>anime</description>
<type>button</type>
<id>4</id>
<posx>20</posx>
<posy>260</posy>
<width>206</width>
<height>36</height>
<texturefocus>anime_active.png</texturefocus>
<texturenofocus>anime.png</texturenofocus>
<aligny>top</aligny>
<textoffsety>120</textoffsety>
<label>-</label>
<align>center</align>
<execute>xbmc.activatewindow(62,anime)</execute>
<onright>8</onright>
<onup>3</onup>
<ondown>5</ondown>
</control>

custom62.xml
===========
<window>
<id>62</id>
<defaultcontrol>5</defaultcontrol>
<allowoverlay>yes</allowoverlay>
<controls>
<control>
<description>background image</description>
<type>image</type>
<id>1</id>
<posx>36</posx>
<posy>28</posy>
<width>645</width>
<height>520</height>
<texture>tvbackground.png</texture>
</control>

etc....

all the help would be great
you can't do that.

the code for what is displayed in lists/thumbs etc. is only available to the xml files that already exist.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

so there is now way that i can create mutiple catagories with different back ground imagesHuh maybe i am not making myself clear.....?

let me try that again.

let say i have 2 catagories. tv and movie. i am able to to make 2 buttons that would load up where that video files are located. one in directory 1 and the other in directory 2. ( that simple enuff) now i am basically taking myvideo.xml and making myvideo2.xml. still both show files of the video files of there seperate directory.. the only differnt to have seperated backgrounds.....

does anybody have any other suggestion on creating seperate backgrounds for the folder i load up in?

thanks jmarshall for speedyness of the response. maybe this would explain betterHuh or if you can think of better idea that i can accomplish this?

many thanks. Confused
i understood you the first time. it's not possible under the current skin engine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CustomN xml0