• 3(current)
12.3 libnfs update breaks NFS on Windows
Done - thanks

https://github.com/sahlberg/libnfs/issues/51
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
@CV8R - crashed for me too at a variety of points, isn't really stabel enough for my to work out where exactly. Rarely last more than a minute..
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Problem is confirmed now with another user using a synology nas NFS server.
https://github.com/sahlberg/libnfs/issues/51

@Maetrik - would still love to get your server details.
Well, it is a Synology NAS, so it's a given firmware without any modifications. My clients are a Windows 7 HTPC, a MacBook Pro 10.9, an Apple TV 2 and a Raspberry Pi, all running on Frodo 12.3. All i had to do to make NFS work on the Synology is written in the XBMC Wiki. On the Synology box an older Firmware (DSM 3) is installed.
Thanks

Have you run a clean library from the Win7 machine though? It was working ok for playback for me for a couple days before I realised the issue when I did a clean...
I will check that when i'm back home. I have to admit that i only use my MacBook for maintaining the library, so i never tried to clean library from the Win7 HTPC.
Ok now i see the problem. I ran a library cleanup and half of my movies where deleted from MySQL. This only occours on the Win7 Client. If log is needed, let me know.
Bingo, that's it. I am pretty sure it will be broken for all Windows NFS users Sad
@Maetrik - might as well do a full debug log and/or wireshark (see linked instructions above) - just for further info.
@Memphiz - is it possible this problem extends further than just windows?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=184130
As said in that thread - the other guy uses os level mounts not libnfs ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
@Memphiz

A thought occurred to me. When I tried the DLLs a couple weeks ago, I did not reboot inbetween. Does windows cache DLLs? I just tried installng Gotham nightly from 29th Jan, copying the libnfs.dll from a 12.2 install, and cleaned the library several times - with nothing dropped!

I then rebooted and tried with libnfs-master that you linked to above - boom, whole lot dropped again. Put back 12.2, reboot, clean, no drops.

So:
libnfs 1.3 from Frodo 12.2, with Gotham - good
libnfs with Gotham/Frodo 12.3 - bad
libnfs 1.8 & master - bad

Manually reverting to libnfs 1.3 is, I guess, then at least a workaround...but far from ideal.

ok just got your github message - thanks, will try that one now
Did anything further ever come of this? I have been holding off Gotham because I use NFS.
No, it's still broken with nightlies or was a few days ago anyway but I haven't seen and nfs related commits go past.

Best solution I have is to use the libnfs.dll from a Frodo 12.2 install - this sort of works but it does result in issues at times.
@Memphiz - this also happened when the nfs errors started - https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/3772/files - it's around the same time.

Sorry to keep bugging you, it's just it's a big issue at my end, but please ignore me if you're too busy.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
12.3 libnfs update breaks NFS on Windows0