• 7(current)
12.3 libnfs update breaks NFS on Windows
Seems totally unrelated on the face of it - I'd start a new thread. This related to an issue with the nfs client library.

Paths need to be identical for the whole sync'ed lib thing to work, so you can't use local paths (well, you can, with path substitution).

I run something similar but I just let the clients do an update library on startup - beats having a heavyweight application like XBMC eat up my server CPU day in day out...but I have considered it too., Hopefully one day the 'headless xbmc' efforts start to work on Windows!
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
Looks like I have bigger problems though now.

2012 definitely changed something NFS wise as I now cannot save subs or delete files through XBMC!

Even just browsing the lists on the server install BSOD's it with nfssvr.sys so think Im gonna go back to SMB until I get round to updating everything to Gotham, or find the time to troubleshoot a it more.
Does the server bsod or the htpc ?
If it's the server then it looks more a issue on the server.
Perhaps a faulty install of the server.
The issue with the subs looks like a permission issue
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
Its XBMC on the Server and definitely a 2012 NFS issue.

Just reverted all my sources back to SMB on the server install and even when no NFS is present in any source at all it will BSOD.

The log errors were something like XFILE couldnt delete "pathtofile" (-30) but gone and overwrote ruddy log file like a burk!

Its not a big deal going back to SMB as only used NFS for XBMC and have a decent network setup so it was more a novelty.

Heres how my permissions are, same as everything was in 2008R2 which worked ok. I also tried All machines on R/W with root and its the same.

http://s668.photobucket.com/user/IAmTheD...brary/XBMC

Removing the NFS role now, see how it goes - Yup all is well, just flicking through a film while updating library.
Oh, woe is me. Been using XBMC for a couple of years now and ran into a problem with my video sources, after I installed Gotham! I run a Win7 Revo HTPC, and keep some drives locally, and some over a network, on another PC (that doesn't run XBMC). For years it's been working fine with the path entered as: \\BlahBlah\tv\ but now when I try to open that source I'm getting network path not found.

After much searching and experimentation, I was able to get connected using smb://BlahBlah/tv/ but using that all my watched flags have vanished. Any way to get them back, or use the original NFS mapping?

When I try to browse NFS paths I see nothing, but, of course, windows explorer can see them just fine!

Coincidentally, another gotcha arose: in the past I've been able to type in the video source path using my bluetooth/usb keyboard, rather than the onscreen thingummy. Now, whenever I hit a key, it treats it as a command, and the appropriate action happens, e.g. I type B, and the switch command kicks off. It's an odd behavior change, and seems like we're being forced to use the thingummy!
Check "Remote sends keyboard presses" in system->system->input
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
That setting was checked, unchecking it enabled keyboard entry in the path field -- thanks for resolving my side issue! Smile

Now, any thoughts on getting back my watched flags, or how to revert to using the NFS path?
Best way to maintain watched flags across path issues etc is to sync your watched stuff to trakt using the xbmc trakt addon - http://trakt.tv/downloads/xbmc - since this operates not on the path level but on the show id/episode and movie name level, it's basically backing up your watched flags to the cloud, independent of filenames/paths - you you will always be able to re-sync them back if you need to.

You should in principle have no issue browsing to either NFS or SMB shares if your network and server are set up properly, though.
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
12.3 libnfs update breaks NFS on Windows0