replacing the Nyxboard (or: Which non-IR remote?)
Ever since my 1 year old daughter has taken a liking to the remote it has been a bit unhappy and now refuses to work properly anymore. So I've been trying to find a new remote that will work for me as well as my wife. It turns out there are very few non-IR remotes (there is no line of sight).

Here are my requirements:
-rf (with included usb dongle) or bluetooth
-must work with linux (and possibly OS X)
-as few buttons as possible (I just need volume, up/down/left/right, select, back and a few buttons to map the most used functions to (like download subtitles)

I am now using the Sony PS3 bluetooth remote, which works, kinda. Battery life is not good and not all buttons are recognized. (and I haven't figured out yet how to map buttons to do what i want, but that's another topic)

Also, there are a lot of buttons, which makes for a confusing remote that you have to look at to use.

Do I have other options that I've simply not been able to find? And just to stop the recommendations.. I do use remote-apps on phones and tablets, but they don't work for me for everyday use. I want a simple remote that you can hold in your hand with buttons you can feel and that you don't have to look at the remote for.

Do I have options?
harmony smart control imo

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=177381
Something like this maybe ?

Although actually, looking at the pic it looks I/R to me rather than wireless.

Grr, wish places would actually describe their goods properly, although at that price I do have uses for a couple Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
replacing the Nyxboard (or: Which non-IR remote?)0