Need Help With NUC Decision
Yeah, that makes more sense. Sometimes I don't stop and think before I start yanking on stuff.
(2014-01-10, 16:20)nodwink Wrote: I just had this same debate on a similarly tight budget. A $20 price drop on the i3 version (somewhat) justified the need to buy a thunderbolt/ethernet adapter.

I set it upljj with 4gb ram and a G wifi card from a dead laptop and an old 8gb thumbdrive. You'll need 2 empty thumbdrives, one will install everything onto the other. I used the generic 64bit build. All went surprisingly easy for my first time with openelekkc or xbmc. I've tried a couple of skins, including Aeon Nox. Everything is peppy and looks great.

My thunderbolt adapter should be delivered today. I look forward to re-retiring the old wifi card.

By the way, if you decide to use a wifi card, be careful removing the heatshrink from the antenna connectors. I pulled the first connector off the wire with little effort. A razorblade and a steady hand gave better results with the second one.

Good luck.

Did thunderbolt gig-E work on your openelec with thumb drive setup? If so which version of openelec did you use?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need Help With NUC Decision0