Newbie looking to run XBMC on droid box
This is a newbie question, I have XBMC running well on a laptop but now I need to setup properly with a TV box and thought of going for a droid box. I have found a number of china clones where I usually buy my RC stuff, but confused what best to buy for XBMC can someone pls. advise. These are the models I have looked at

Amlogic 8726
CX921 with RK3188
CX818 with RK3066
CS918 with RK3188

MiniX Neo X5

Would appreciate some advise as it's rather confusing when trying to follow on forums what best to go for.

thanks & regards
CiliHuh
It's confusing because different people have different opinions. Asking the same question in another thread won't change that. You're just going to get several different responses, just like every. single. person. who asks this question.

If you don't want to research a product before buying it then don't expect someone to do it for you.
(2014-01-09, 16:12)Ned Scott Wrote: It's confusing because different people have different opinions. Asking the same question in another thread won't change that. You're just going to get several different responses, just like every. single. person. who asks this question.

If you don't want to research a product before buying it then don't expect someone to do it for you.

Thanks for your response, I tried researching but got a bit confusing, I just want to make sure that whatever I buy works, I am not asking which one is best from the lot but just to make sure it works, can't send it back once bought......if the above all work wit XBMC I have no issues I will just buy best specs but I am getting the impression that not everything works.

cheers
XBMC should work on each one you listed. However, be careful on the quality of the boxes. Even the same model number/name can have great differences in quality, especially when dealing with various "cheap box" venders.

The best advice I can give is to look for user reviews written for the exact box and vender you are thinking of buying from, and using one with a good reputation. Of course, this also depends on where you are in the world, since different venders might only ship to certain places.

Assuming the quality of the hardware is good, then XBMC should run quite well on the boxes you listed. The "RK3188" chip ones seem to be a little better for the money/value ratio (depending on who you buy it from), but all of them should be okay.
(2014-01-11, 09:52)Ned Scott Wrote: XBMC should work on each one you listed. However, be careful on the quality of the boxes. Even the same model number/name can have great differences in quality, especially when dealing with various "cheap box" venders.

The best advice I can give is to look for user reviews written for the exact box and vender you are thinking of buying from, and using one with a good reputation. Of course, this also depends on where you are in the world, since different venders might only ship to certain places.

Assuming the quality of the hardware is good, then XBMC should run quite well on the boxes you listed. The "RK3188" chip ones seem to be a little better for the money/value ratio (depending on who you buy it from), but all of them should be okay.

thanks Ned for your comments much appreciated.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Newbie looking to run XBMC on droid box0