Record from satellite with Collossus?
Just built my first HTPC!

And it's a bad mama-jama - Silverstone GD08 case, ASRock Z87 Extreme4 mobo, Intel Core i3 4340, Samsung 128G SSD, two 2TB Seagate 7200 RPM HDD's, 8G ram, Hauppage Collussus capture card.

Have XBMC (Frodo 12.3) installed, have lots of home movies on my 2 HDD's, can play those fine, as well as other stuff via XBMC (Hulu addon, etc - all good).

Don't have a cable card - not trying to record live TV on the Collossus, just want to be able to re-record stuff I have recorded on a DirecTV satellite box DVR. I'm going out of the DTV box into Collossus with component video and optical audio. Then out of my HTPC (from a mobo output - not from Collossus output ) with HDMI into an Onkyo home theater receiver, then HDMI into a Sony TV.

When recording stuff from my DirecTV satellite box (so far just using ArcSoft Showbiz - came w/Collossus), it worked at first, but now I'm not getting any sound through it, and also the video it records is in fast-forward - looks to be just about 2x speed. I have double & triple checked to be sure I didn't have movie PLAYING in 2x from satellite box - I don't - but what Arcsoft Showbiz gets (or at least what I see when I play the recording back using XBMC) is fast speed - with no sound.

Would like to be able to record using XBMC interface rather than a separate piece of software like Showbiz... just haven't had a chance to research the PVR add-ons yet.

So any advice either way - why I'm getting 2x speed & no sound with my current setup, OR how to just ditch Arcsoft Showbiz & record using XBMC would be greatly appreciated.

bugman
Have you tried playing the file in some player other than XBMC?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Record from satellite with Collossus?0