Android Force portrait mode on tablet
Hi,
I am re-purposing my Lenovo 7" tablet as an audio entertainment system plugged into a HiFi system. My tablet will fit perfectly on portrait mode right next to the HiFi but XBMC launches in landscape mode and will not change orientation. I checked the android settings and orientation setting is not locked, other apps such as YouTube works fine in landscape/portrait. So is there a way to get XBMC to orientate in portrait mode? Thanks.
Nope.
Most (all?) xbmc skins assume a landscape ratio. Results wouldn't be good in portrait, to say the least.
Hmmmm... thanks for that, makes sense I suppose. I guess the basic design would be a hangover from the fact that most people use a TV to view content. With the advent of the tablet format it might be the right time to review this basic design element. I suppose I could request a feature enhancement, but would it fall on deaf ears?
(2014-01-10, 17:37)degsie Wrote: I suppose I could request a feature enhancement, but would it fall on deaf ears?
Most probably Wink

As I said, the problem is not xbmc core, it's the skins.
There is not point in allowing portrait if no skin supports it, and I somewhat doubt a skinner will one day create one.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Force portrait mode on tablet0