Release - Sonos Addon

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
rob_webset Offline
Posting Freak
(2014-12-19 12:51)tipperjones Wrote:  Hi Rob

Sorry for the daft question but is the SONOS addon the only way of interacting with a set of SONOS speakers?

If I wanted to use the PAPlayer, I assume that SONOS cannot be used either via Wi-Fi or Ethernet as just a set of speakers?

Thanks

Richard

The best way of looking at the Sonos addon, is like the official sonos app, it's just a remote controller (like the iPad app etc). I am not aware of any other way to control a Sonos system from XBMC/Kodi

It does have a couple of extra little features for some things - like sending speech (Just a short phrase) to the speaker - and a link-in with various artwork slide-shows.

Rob

Addons: VideoExtras, TvTunes, Sonos & ***NEW *** VideoScreensaver ***NEW ***
find quote
tipperjones Offline
Tongue  RE: Sonos Addon
Thank you Rob for our quick response. I think my plan of having a non-wired speaker in the kitchen will not work if i use PAPlayer as the default player.

Your addon is very good though, its just a pity it doesn't reflect the skins available in XBMC. Keep up the good work though.
find quote
rob_webset Offline
Posting Freak
(2014-12-19 14:46)tipperjones Wrote:  Your addon is very good though, its just a pity it doesn't reflect the skins available in XBMC. Keep up the good work though.

It's very hard to get it to match all the skins out there - but each skin writer can overload the default skins/window.xml in each addon - so if they choose to do so for various addons, then it is possible.

Rob

find quote
olarf Offline
It seems rob already get the maximum features into kodi. There is no interface to use a default player for sonos system as they want to keep it a close system (I guess to keep synch accurate and other stuff). Sonospy is the only option to use a big music library with sonos players. But this is another story. Robs app provide at least a nice view and some control!

XBMC Gotham Beta 1
IntelĀ® DZ87KLT-75K with I5 4670 Haswell CPU
DD Cine S2 6.5
Silverstone SST-LC16B-M
Music Pump XBMC Remot on S2
find quote
rob_webset Offline
Posting Freak
(2014-12-12 14:12)rob_webset Wrote:  Note: I have seen an error with the latest Sonos firmware when the addon tries to update the "Currently Playing" details in the controller - Hopefully it's something that can be solved fairly soon. (You just can't predict the impact official firmware changes will have!)

OK, I have now requested a publish of a fix for this one - so hopefully soon we will be back to everything working again.

Rob

find quote