Release - Sonos Addon

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
rob_webset Offline
Posting Freak
Hi All,

I have just requested a publish of a new version of the Sonos addon, this one includes:

Code:
v1.3.0
- Remove Frodo support from latest version
- Add Support for Displaying Lyrics
- Fix issue when navigating via plugin to select tracks to play with spaces in
- Improve the search for speakers option when there are multiple network devices

Please let me know how you get on - I really hope the improved search now detects everyone's speakers when performed via the settings

Thanks

Rob
find quote
dubbeljoe Offline
hi Rob,

I'm a big fan of your Sonos plug-in!
But since 1.3.0 I keep getting 'error from speaker 192.168.x.xxx'
this only happens when I select 'slideshow only' and 'Controller,Slideshow'

so the plugin does find my speak and everthing.

When I downgrade to 1.24, it works again.
Any idea how to fix, because when I install it on a new system, there is no rollback possible.

keep up the good work!!

DubbelJoe.
(This post was last modified: 2015-02-08 11:32 by dubbeljoe.)
find quote
rob_webset Offline
Posting Freak
(2015-02-08 11:28)dubbeljoe Wrote:  But since 1.3.0 I keep getting 'error from speaker 192.168.x.xxx'

Please can you provide a log file with Sonos logging enabled, and I'll take a look

Add-on:Sonos#Debugging (wiki)

Rob

Edit: Not to worry - I've managed to reproduce it - was caused by a change I made when I added Lyric support - will investigate a fix.
(This post was last modified: 2015-02-08 11:47 by rob_webset.)
find quote
rob_webset Offline
Posting Freak
(2015-02-08 11:34)rob_webset Wrote:  
(2015-02-08 11:28)dubbeljoe Wrote:  But since 1.3.0 I keep getting 'error from speaker 192.168.x.xxx'

Please can you provide a log file with Sonos logging enabled, and I'll take a look

Add-on:Sonos#Debugging (wiki)

Rob

Edit: Not to worry - I've managed to reproduce it - was caused by a change I made when I added Lyric support - will investigate a fix.

Found the fix:

https://code.google.com/p/robwebset/source/detail?r=659

Will be included in the next publish

Thanks

Rob
find quote
rob_webset Offline
Posting Freak
Hi All,

I have just requested a publish of a new version, with the following changed:

Code:
v1.3.1
- Fix error on Artist Slideshow screens
- Improve retrieving track name from streaming services
- Add option to make Artist Slideshow image full screen

Thanks

Rob
find quote
dubbeljoe Offline
Hi Rob, you are the fastest solver I've ever seen ;-)
As soon as the update becomes available I'll check it out.

thnx

DubbelJoe
find quote
dubbeljoe Offline
Rob,

New version works correctly.:-)

thnx

DubbelJoe
find quote
Skank Offline
Posting Freak
A question, probably no is the answer but i ask it anyway.

Can i use the xbmc machine as part of the sonos?
I mean i got several sonos speakers, but can the xbmc device running the sonos addon, be part of the sonos speakers.
So say i have sonos in kitchen, sonos in bathroom, and xbmc device in living room
can that xbmc be "speakers" living room?
find quote
rob_webset Offline
Posting Freak
(2015-02-17 10:55)Skank Wrote:  A question, probably no is the answer but i ask it anyway.

Can i use the xbmc machine as part of the sonos?
I mean i got several sonos speakers, but can the xbmc device running the sonos addon, be part of the sonos speakers.
So say i have sonos in kitchen, sonos in bathroom, and xbmc device in living room
can that xbmc be "speakers" living room?

Hi Shank,

You guessed correctly - the answer is no Big Grin

This is designed to be something that works with Sonos speakers as an extended controller - not to replace them.

Rob
find quote
kbaudi Offline
I have a Playbar and so I use audio passthrough to get DD5.1 to my Sonos system. Works great. The only problem is that linking Kodi volume to Sonos volume doesn't work in this configuration because of the passthrough. Pressing the volume-up key in video playback, for example, just brings up a message that says "Passthough audio in use" and the Kodi volume does not change.

Is there any way to call a Sonos plugin function directly from a keymap instead of depending on a link to Kodi volume?
(This post was last modified: 2015-02-25 21:42 by kbaudi.)
find quote
rob_webset Offline
Posting Freak
(2015-02-25 21:22)kbaudi Wrote:  I have a Playbar and so I use audio passthrough to get DD5.1 to my Sonos system. Works great. The only problem is that linking Kodi volume to Sonos volume doesn't work in this configuration because of the passthrough. Pressing the volume-up key in video playback, for example, just brings up a message that says "Passthough audio in use" and the Kodi volume does not change.

Is there any way to call a Sonos plugin function directly from a keymap instead of depending on a link to Kodi volume?

The play bar should be able to pick up on the remote control signal directly - so it should respond itself to the volume up/down if configured to do so.

If this is the case then you should not have the need to try and change the volume via the sonos addon.

Rob
find quote
kbaudi Offline
I'm afraid I'm in the minority of Kodi users who like a mouse instead of a remote control. It ain't easy being mousey!

What I'd like to do is associate mouse wheelup and wheeldown events with Sonos volume up and volume down actions. Is that possible with your plugin?
find quote
rob_webset Offline
Posting Freak
(2015-02-25 23:31)kbaudi Wrote:  I'm afraid I'm in the minority of Kodi users who like a mouse instead of a remote control. It ain't easy being mousey!

What I'd like to do is associate mouse wheelup and wheeldown events with Sonos volume up and volume down actions. Is that possible with your plugin?

I did try something similar in the early days, but there was too much of a delay to be useful:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1829229

Rob
find quote
kbaudi Offline
(2015-02-27 08:36)rob_webset Wrote:  
(2015-02-25 23:31)kbaudi Wrote:  I'm afraid I'm in the minority of Kodi users who like a mouse instead of a remote control. It ain't easy being mousey!

I did try something similar in the early days, but there was too much of a delay to be useful:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1829229

Rob

Thanks. I tried modifying your current plugin with the code from that earlier version, and I see what you mean: it's unacceptably slow.

I have figured out a way to make it work well using jsonrpc and eventghost, so I'm happy now.
find quote