Release - Sonos Addon

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
pellepoppop Offline
Rob:

Why is the "Set sonos input to Line in" dependent on selecting to "match" the Kodi and Sonos volume?

What if I want to control the volume myself, but make Kodi change the input?

Oh, and forgot to thanks you for the otherwise splendid plugin.
(This post was last modified: 2015-03-29 18:22 by pellepoppop.)
find quote
rob_webset Offline
Posting Freak
(2015-03-29 17:59)pellepoppop Wrote:  Why is the "Set sonos input to Line in" dependent on selecting to "match" the Kodi and Sonos volume?

What if I want to control the volume myself, but make Kodi change the input?

It's just the way that I ended up coding it. I don't have a Sonos device with a line-in myself, so it sort of just grew out of various peoples requests.

I have made some changes that should enable the two to work independantly now, please can you give it a go and see if it works for you: (As I said - it isn't something I can test as I don't have anything with a line-in)

https://code.google.com/p/robwebset/source/detail?r=697

(2015-03-29 17:59)pellepoppop Wrote:  Oh, and forgot to thanks you for the otherwise splendid plugin.

Thank you - it always helps! Big Grin
find quote
pellepoppop Offline
Hi Rob,

Thank you, it works perfect. That saves me quite some clicks.
find quote
stevesr0 Offline
I installed your Sonos Addon (I own a Sonos Play5 speaker).

When I run Kodi, the program crashes when I launch and close the Sonos Addon. It seems to be stable if I don't use the Addon.

I want to stream music from my linux laptop wirelessly to Sonos, using airsonos (or an Airport Express connected to the speaker).

Appreciate any thoughts about what might be causing the crash.

I have spoken with the Kodi maintainer for Debian and he thought this was either a problem with Kodi itself or the Addon. Since it seems to be crashing only when I run and close the Addon, I assume that has something to do with it.

Thanks.

Steve
find quote
rob_webset Offline
Posting Freak
(2015-04-05 01:03)stevesr0 Wrote:  I installed your Sonos Addon (I own a Sonos Play5 speaker).

When I run Kodi, the program crashes when I launch and close the Sonos Addon. It seems to be stable if I don't use the Addon.

I want to stream music from my linux laptop wirelessly to Sonos, using airsonos (or an Airport Express connected to the speaker).

Appreciate any thoughts about what might be causing the crash.

I have spoken with the Kodi maintainer for Debian and he thought this was either a problem with Kodi itself or the Addon. Since it seems to be crashing only when I run and close the Addon, I assume that has something to do with it.

Thanks.

Steve

Hi Steve,

If you are able to provide a log, then I'll take a look.

Add-on:Sonos#Debugging (wiki)

Thanks
Rob
find quote
stevesr0 Offline
@rob_wedset,

As you asked, I have generated another crash of Kodi and generated a crash log file.

I have uploaded it to pastebin.com in 2 halves: http://pastebin.com/xaPX08AB and

http://pastebin.com/fh3VMHKS.

Thanks.

Steve

P.S. Although I haven't been able to send music to the Sonos speaker, I notice that when I launch Kodi, the volume of the music playing on Sonos immediately changes, so there is communication going on.
(This post was last modified: 2015-04-05 16:42 by stevesr0.)
find quote
rob_webset Offline
Posting Freak
(2015-04-05 16:15)stevesr0 Wrote:  @rob_wedset,

As you asked, I have generated another crash of Kodi and generated a crash log file.

I have uploaded it to pastebin.com in 2 halves: http://pastebin.com/xaPX08AB and

http://pastebin.com/fh3VMHKS.

Thanks.

Steve

P.S. Although I haven't been able to send music to the Sonos speaker, I notice that when I launch Kodi, the volume of the music playing on Sonos immediately changes, so there is communication going on.

Hi Steve,

I have had a quick look at the first log, I can see the Sonos addon doing it's normal stuff, getting all the stuff from the Sonos box.

The second link to the log does not appear to work.

Thanks

Rob
find quote
stevesr0 Offline
Hi Rob,

I just reuploaded the second half.

the pastebin link is: http://pastebin.com/4W9AE0wG

Steve
find quote
rob_webset Offline
Posting Freak
Hi Steve,

Looking at the log there is an error in there, but it doesn't give too much information:

Code:
10:00:40 T:2674137968   DEBUG: script.sonos: SonosArtistSlideshow: Closing windows - stop ArtistSlideShow
10:00:40 T:2607094640  NOTICE: ----------------------------------------
10:00:40 T:2607094640  NOTICE: Exception happened during processing of request from
10:00:40 T:2607094640  NOTICE: ('192.168.2.32', 50877)
10:00:40 T:2607094640   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
10:00:40 T:2607094640   ERROR:   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/SocketServer.py", line 593, in process_request_thread
10:00:40 T:2607094640   ERROR:     self.finish_request(request, client_address)
10:00:40 T:2607094640   ERROR:   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/SocketServer.py", line 334, in finish_request
10:00:40 T:2607094640   ERROR:     self.RequestHandlerClass(request, client_address, self)
10:00:40 T:2607094640   ERROR:   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/SocketServer.py", line 651, in __init__
10:00:40 T:2607094640   ERROR:     self.finish()
10:00:40 T:2607094640   ERROR:   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/SocketServer.py", line 704, in finish
10:00:40 T:2607094640   ERROR:     self.wfile.flush()
10:00:40 T:2607094640   ERROR:   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/socket.py", line 303, in flush
10:00:40 T:2607094640   ERROR:     self._sock.sendall(view[write_offset:write_offset+buffer_size])
10:00:40 T:2607094640   ERROR: error: [Errno 32] Broken pipe

I am wondering if it is something to do with the ArtistSlideShow integration.

Please can you try changing the setting in the Sonos addons settings to use the standard controller, so disable "Display Artist Information"

Add-on:Sonos#Controller (wiki)

If that works, then please can you reset the controller to "Display Artist Information" and enable ArtistSlideShow logging, we might be able to see something there.

Option 2: If disabling "Display Artist Information" does not prevent the crash, then I notice that the Sonos System thinks that it is playing 'AirPlay Device' - please can you try it when Sonos is playing a standard file?

Thanks

Rob
find quote
stevesr0 Offline
I will try that and get back to you/the thread with the results. I may not understand how Kodi with the Sonos controller is supposed to work.

I have tried to "push" the music to the sonos speaker wirelessly from my PC (running Debian Wheezy) by selecting it in the "Play With" menu, but that doesn't work.

I have a software program called AirSonos; when I am running that, I can "push" music wirelessly with an iPad via AirPlay to that speaker.

So, I wonder whether I need to use a Sonos controller device to pull music from my PC running Kodi with the Sonos Addon, or should I be able to "push" the music right from the PC itself without a controller and whether the AirSonos software running on the same computer is necessary to enable that?

Thanks.

Steve
find quote
rob_webset Offline
Posting Freak
Hi Steve,

You should be able to use the Official Sonos app to "Map" to a drive on a Server/NAS/Computer share that contains your music files.

Once you have those files loaded into the official Sonos Library - and have a track playing - then the Kodi Sonos Addon should be able to show you what is currently playing etc.

I think that's the simplest starting setup.

Rob
(This post was last modified: 2015-04-10 15:41 by rob_webset.)
find quote
stevesr0 Offline
Great advance!

With the Sonos input set to "favorites", I can stop and start music that is selected by the Sonos controller app on my iPad.

Now, if I could select a queue/playlist FROM Kodi without having to use the iPad, all would be kook <g>.

Any suggestions how to do this?

I realize this is off topic somewhat from the topic of crashing, and I will restore the default display configuration. You mention enabling the artist slideshow log,. I am not sure how to do that in addition to the Sonos Addon logging.

Thanks.

Steve
find quote
rob_webset Offline
Posting Freak
Should be easy to select things to play:

Add-on:Sonos#Sonos_Browser (wiki)

Rob
(This post was last modified: 2015-04-11 07:21 by rob_webset.)
find quote
stevesr0 Offline
Thanks, Rob.

I will try that and follow up in several days.

Steve
find quote
stevesr0 Offline
Hi Rob,

I have responded to the forum thread twice about my advances in the use of the Sonos Addon, but neither has posted.

This is try number 3.

I finally got two songs to play wirelessly from the computer that I am running Kodi on. To achieve this, I had to click on the song in Music/Files and then to right click and select Play using... and select the Sonos speaker.

One issue that I figured out was the fact that my selections were all grayed out on the Sonos app on my iPad. This was due to the fact that I was trying to play flac formatted files - Sonos can only play low resolution flac. When I transcoded these to mp3 format, they play (and show up on the iPad controller app in BLACK).

I still haven't figured out how to set up playlists and queues within the Sonos app itself and to "send" songs wirelessly from it to Sonos.

Again, thanks for your app and support.

Steve
find quote