Release - Sonos Addon

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
dubbeljoe Offline
Hi Rob,

I really like your Sonos add on for Kodi, I even build a dedicated screen that shows only band pictures of music playing on my sonos.
But I have a question.
I want to auto start kodi directly into you add on.
I already managed to fabricate a autoxec.py, but that only starts up the add on itself; I still have to select "start sonos controler".
Is there a way to auto start directly into the photo slide show only mode?

thanks in advance!

DubbelJoe
find quote
rob_webset Online
Posting Freak
(2015-05-01 22:52)dubbeljoe Wrote:  Hi Rob,

I really like your Sonos add on for Kodi, I even build a dedicated screen that shows only band pictures of music playing on my sonos.
But I have a question.
I want to auto start kodi directly into you add on.
I already managed to fabricate a autoxec.py, but that only starts up the add on itself; I still have to select "start sonos controler".
Is there a way to auto start directly into the photo slide show only mode?

thanks in advance!

DubbelJoe

Hi DubbelJoe,

Always good to hear if/how people are using the addon Big Grin

I have just submitted a new version for publish (v1.3.4) that I hope will do exactly what you are looking for.

I added a new option to the automation menu in settings to start the controller when Kodi starts:

Add-on:Sonos#Automation (wiki)

Please let me know how you get on

Thanks

Rob
Note: A publish can take upto a day or so to work it's way through the system.
find quote
Doctor Eggs Offline
Rob, this addon is awesome!

Is there a way to get some of the other services that are available in Sonos? Specifically SiriusXM and Pandora? If that's not possible, is there a way to add "Sonos Favorites" to the menu? I have a bunch of SiriusXM/Pandora stations in there as well as playlists so I can access them easily.
find quote
rob_webset Online
Posting Freak
(2015-06-02 16:11)Doctor Eggs Wrote:  Rob, this addon is awesome!

Thanks!

(2015-06-02 16:11)Doctor Eggs Wrote:  Is there a way to get some of the other services that are available in Sonos? Specifically SiriusXM and Pandora? If that's not possible, is there a way to add "Sonos Favorites" to the menu? I have a bunch of SiriusXM/Pandora stations in there as well as playlists so I can access them easily.

Not sure - I don't think it's easy to get the streaming services - I think if it is already playing then the controller can see what is playing, skip etc.

I'll also look into that and adding favourites when I get a minute (I'm quite busy at the moment)

Thanks
Rob
find quote
Doctor Eggs Offline
Adding favorites would be awesome whenever you get a chance. Thanks!
find quote
rob_webset Online
Posting Freak
(2015-06-04 14:41)Doctor Eggs Wrote:  Adding favorites would be awesome whenever you get a chance. Thanks!

I did have a look at it quickly last night ... not easy! Not sure if/when it will get done Sad

Rob
find quote
rob_webset Online
Posting Freak
Hi All,

For all you Sonos owners, I stumbled accross the following article about getting your Kodi audio output by your standard Sonos speakers.

https://metrafonic.com/streaming-audio-f...s-windows/

Haven't done it myself (I already have a playbar), but thought it may interest some people.

Rob
find quote