Win 2 Issues (tv shows and movies on various HDD + program that manages DB please)
Hello!

Just installed XBMC on a EEEbox from asus and im loving it. I have 2 issues tough

1 - I have a HUGE database on a NAS, several HDD's with the correct namings BUT one problem, as my database is constantly upgrading (more disks being added? I can't have one folder for movies and other for tv shows.
Which means I have tv shows folders and movies inside each HDD on my database.
This is giving me troubles on the first scan. QUESTION: How can I properly scan movies and tv shows which are inside the same hdd's ?
Put the content as movies, scan and then repeat as tv shows or there is a workaround ?

2 - What kind of software would allow me to manage the library (make edits to posters and even correct bad scans) from other computer?
Ember is only to be used on the same machine as the XBMC is on, right ?

On popcorn hour there is a software called nmjtoolbox which is awsome, I would like to know if there is something like that for XBMC.
Quote:Put the content as movies, scan and then repeat as tv shows or there is a workaround ?

That could work, but it might also suddenly think one of your TV shows is a movie, and give you 30 or so entries for that movie, one for each episode.

The better solution would be to just have a TVs folder and a Movies folder, each if means each drive has its own TV folder and its own movie folder. I'm not really clear on why you'd need them to all be in the root directory of each drive, since you still have to add each drive anyways.

Ember can be used with files on a NAS.
I need them to be on a root folder because I would spend a week manually altering that, as I have 17+TB of space on a NAS and always upgrading.
They are in the root because I have a popcornhour for a year now, and I started my DB like that, not knowing of this strange limitation on the XBMC

Would a media manager cover that ground e.g. making possible to avoid the scraper of the XBMC and scrape the file structure as is, by itself, and the exporting to XBMC (not clear on this point tough, im new to XBMC thats why im asking if i can control the XBMC DB with ember from another computer (where i make the downloads and where i edit the Popocorn hour structure)
It might be something XBMC can do by itself in the future, but yeah, using mixed folders is going to be a little tricky.

What I would do is this. Use a nightly build (wiki) of XBMC. Despite the warnings about it being experimental, those newer versions are going to be better for what we're about to do.

Use a media manger such as Ember to create NFO files that XBMC will use to scan all the information, pick up the correct poster with, etc.

Add your sources twice, once as movies and once as TV shows, to XBMC. Using the nightly builds you can tell XBMC to only use the NFO files and not do any internet lookups. That should help avoid XBMC seeing a TV show as a movie by accident.

Assuming the media manager is able to correctly separate the two types of content, it should work in theory.
When you state "add your sources twice once as series and once as movies" you mean i only add the folder/hdd once but repeat the scanning process telling it has movies, scan and then shows, scan, is that it ? ?
For that matter, what should I do about "content" ? State "none" ?

Cause im afraid no "TV SHows" button will appear on home screen this way, as far as ive tested (and ive not tested the method you suggested tough)

About the nightly build, should i download the latest one ?

So, no way it can be scraped by itself on my current file structure on the XBMC scraper other than with the help of a media manager ?
Add it twice so it shows up twice in the GUI, and set one as movies and one as TV shows.

It might be possible, but you run a high risk of false positives/duplicates/etc, not using an info manager to be very specific about what is what.
Frankly I would spend the time moving them. All you need to do is set two new directories on each hard drive, tv and movies. Then the moving obviously requires human decisions, so you'll probably need to do that manually. Honestly you'll be glad you did.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Nickr i acnowledge that but it will make me alter the database and rescan everything on the popcorn hour aswel :S
Ahh so you still have the PCH, I didn't realise that.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Yes I do. Anyway even if I would try the 2 folder as you mentioned, I realised now that even so, my series wont be scraped.
Because i have folders like this "series name season 1 (year)" "series name season 2 (year)" across all my disks

And the TMDB addon on xbmc does not read it properly.

Is there any way I cant configure it to avoid the "season" and "(year)" parts on the folder name ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2 Issues (tv shows and movies on various HDD + program that manages DB please)0