Frodo killed my videolibrary
Sad 
I was happily running XBMC 11.0 with Nox 3.6.1.
After buying new HDS I decided to install last stable version of Frodo and Nox 4.0.9.
I read a lot of threads before to proceed

- Before to copy the movies to news HD, I did an export of the library in separated files, to have all files safe (this what I I thought) and ready for import
- Each movie is in a separated folder, and therefore now every folder has movie.tbn, disc.png, logo.png, clearart.png, fanart.jpg, poster.jpg

I was sure everything would go easily, that my library in Frodo would appear exactly as in Eden, at least concerning posters and fanarts.

I set sources again and updated them. The import was fast as infos were retrieved from nfo's

Then to have my logos, cleararts and disc.png, I ran Artwork Downloader, with these settings:
General Dowload ON, Download enabled for logos, discarts and cleararts (NOT posters or fanarts)
Use local files ON. I let it scan until it was complete

Useless to precise that the AD process was useless, my extra GFX don't appear. This is MURDER 2
This drives me crazy and upset, but I will try to fix it later, I must already solve murder 1:

MURDER 1:
in the movie folder (I mean 1 folder for 1 movie), the correct poster is the one in xxx.tbn (which was exported).
the poster.jpg I guess are old ones when I did a scan with ArtworkDownloader.
XBMC always show me the poster.jpg or whatever f**k, but never the correct .tbn

I think to have understood that the devs had the really brilliant (uh uh?) idea to drop tbn support when doing Frodo.

So now what?
I have begun to select in each movie info panel the correct TBN through manual browsing (yeaaah thank you Frodo, we are in 2014) but stopped. I have 3800 movies so it would take ages. And I guess on next library update it would come back to this mess.

How could I tell XBMC to take automatically all my perfect TBN as the official permanent cached posters?
Should I delete all poster.jpg?

I understand that devs wanted to limit local files to reduce disk access, prefer .jpg than .tbn because it is a more common extension and blablablah.
But well, what to do to update correctly an old library?

Sorry if I seem a bit upset and disrespectful for all the work the devs provided (I will probably calm down in a couple of days and apologize), but... yes I feel upset now, as I am not able to find a logical and quick solution to my problem.
I thought it would take me 1 day to do the whole transition quietly, now I have a fucked up library with wrong posters, missing GFX, and devs have probably ruined my holidays because I will spend 10 days inhouse fixing all this mess manually instead of enjoying the sunny weather.
(2014-01-11, 20:05)N.O.W.A.L.L Wrote: I was happily running XBMC 11.0 now I have a fucked up library with wrong posters, missing GFX, and devs have probably ruined my holidays because I will spend 10 days inhouse fixing all this mess manually instead of enjoying the sunny weather.

I know English is not your first language but I cant make out what your issue is.

So, as I dont fully understand what happened. Deleting the offending files takes seconds with a simple script. Then simply rescrape the library.
Love your graphics... Smile

I guess you missed the memo on dropping .tbn and replacing it with poster.jpg so "movie.tbn" not needed or used.

At one point in the initial install there should have been an opportunity for a conversion from .tbn to poster, the export of .tbn and import became useless between Eden & Frodo. Artwork Downloader should work with poster selected.

Solution: Run AD with posters enabled, kill sources, rescrape: folder material should turn up.... patience.
thanks for the compliment

I started from scratch, deleted all poster.jpg before rescrapping.

I made a test on 200 movies... yesss, XBMC imported the correct .TBN! I feel half relieved

Now I want to make ArtworkDowloader import disc, logos & cleararts... I get a script error, but well I will fix this later

(2014-01-11, 21:06)PatK Wrote: Solution: Run AD with posters enabled, kill sources, rescrape: folder material should turn up.... patience.

Problem is: AD retrieves english or german posters, and I need french ones (scrapped from cine-passion scrapper) so I definitely don't want them!
I spent one year designing 2900 french discarts (see my signature), copied them manually in the right folders, and I just want AD to import them (plus existing logos &cleararts of course)

(2014-01-11, 21:06)PatK Wrote: At one point in the initial install there should have been an opportunity for a conversion from .tbn to poster, the export of .tbn and import became useless between Eden & Frodo. Artwork Downloader should work with poster selected.
The conversion should have been made manually then (at least on OSX), and with my huge library it would have been a pain in the ass.
If the conversion is something inevitable, then it should have been implemented in Frodo as an automatical process, invisible to the user.

Anyway as surprisingly TBN were imported on my last test, I just launched a new total rescrapping of the 3800 movies, I just cross my fingers that this time all local stuff will be imported..

EDIT: scrapping isn't finished but I checked anyway (about 800 scraps so far), the import of local .tbn definitly works if there is no poster.jpg in the folder.

Now next question: then in Frodo, if I do an export in separate files, what will export XBMC for posters?
Did you backup your Userdata folder then keep everything in place when doing the upgrade? as it sounds like you did a clean install by deleting your Userdata folder, since you mention adding sources back which isn't needed if doing a upgrade.
Exporting as separate should make without the quotes.

"Movie_Name-poster.jpg" in each folder, along with
"Movie_Name-fanart.jpg"
"Movie_Name.nfo"

I did grab some of your disc.jpg files and they pick up fine in AD using local files along with local logos.
Remember that export library exports lower quality images than they were originally
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
XBMC still supports .tbn. It's looking at the jpg one first probably because it displays first (j before t). Deleting the old jpg files will correct the issue.
(2014-01-11, 22:39)jjd-uk Wrote: Did you backup your Userdata folder then keep everything in place when doing the upgrade? as it sounds like you did a clean install by deleting your Userdata folder, since you mention adding sources back which isn't needed if doing a upgrade.

yes I made a duplicate of all the XBMC folder in Application Support (I'm on OSX) - then including userdata - for security purpose and erased the whole original before doing the clean Frodo install.
I had copied and merged several hard disk into bigger ones so architecture of sources was different.

(2014-01-11, 23:39)PatK Wrote: Exporting as separate should make without the quotes.

"Movie_Name-poster.jpg" in each folder, along with
"Movie_Name-fanart.jpg"
"Movie_Name.nfo"

I did grab some of your disc.jpg files and they pick up fine in AD using local files along with local logos.

I first tried to pick up local files with AD enabling at the same time logos, disc and clearart local downloading. The result was a random mess: some were imported, other not, without any logic.

Now I tried to enable only disc, and while I'm writing I see AD downloading them one after the other so it seems to work this way (to be confirmed).
If yes, I will then do 2 other passes with AD, 1 for logos and 1 for cleararts.

anyway thanks for the support guys, I feel less upset and scared now, maybe I will not have my holidays ruined, and will be able to actually WATCH movies instead of fixing them!

Indeed, I upgraded overall to try all new skins (like Bello, MQ, ACE etc) and see if there are new functions... and after having tried them, well, I still prefer my usual Nox... so I could have kept my old setup.
It's sometimes painful to be an addict geek
(2014-01-11, 23:40)Martijn Wrote: Remember that export library exports lower quality images than they were originally

Yes maybe, but as I absolutely don't trust cloud storage, I don't trust centralized XBMC library.
I am old school (you know, I still do backups on DVDs, do you believe me?), so having separated files in my movies' folder is vital.

Then if pictures are resized, it's not my fault and I don't think there is a workaround. Anyway, the .tbn that were re-imported seems in good quality on my 80cm tv

When my library will be again 100% like before I will export it again in Frodo-style (with -poster.jpg instead of .tbn) like PatK said.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo killed my videolibrary0