Req A subtitle title that only downloads subs of foreign speech
Hi,
I was watching Eastern Promises the other day and it was really annoying because every now and then they say a bit in Russian.
The subtitle that came with the film was English but all the way through.
I was watching Kill Bill today and the same thing happened.

I am wondering if they is an addon that downloads subtitles only when people do not speak English.

If not I may make an addon, because it is annoying me
It's not about an addon, it's about selecting the correct subtitle when downloading.

Addon downloads what you tell it to download and XBMC displays what addon downloads, it's about finding s correct srt that only has foreign bits, not easy ...
Usually helps using the word "forced". That usually means the subtitle only contains subtitles for foreign languages or in picture text reading/translating.

You can try to use the manual search for the offending films.

Anyway, if you get more annoyed and build that addon, don't forget to share Wink
Always read the XBMC Online Manual,Frequently Asked Questions and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting use -> Log file.

Shame this thread has withered. I'm resurrecting it, though, as I want someone to write an addon that will check a subs provider for forced subs and download a forced sub track if it finds the need to.

XBMC automates most other things so well; it's a shame that it is so rudimentary when it comes to forced subs. If DVD players can do it, XBMC should be able to do it.
you are not understanding what we are saying… addon/service will list all available subtitles and its up to user(you) to select the correct one. some subtitle providers flag "forced" some don't. if you request them to flag it properly maybe, just maybe we can add support for it.

I wouldn't hold my breath, most people just find forced and download that.. its not difficult

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A subtitle title that only downloads subs of foreign speech0